Jacobs in administration

Had sometime to kill before a weddingat the registry office this afternoon,decided to have a look in Jacobs only to find notice on window saying they went into administration on June 1st and the staff clearing the shop out.

Another victim of Internet shopping?. They were never the cheapest but also not the most expensive.

omg I used to work there many years ago

Nooooo. I used them for lens rentals. Gutted!!!

Went on Jacobs website last night and there is one sentence at bottom of page saying administrators are running business, so maybe chance of them being rescued by another company. Would be a shame to lose such a long established company, believe they started in 1930's.

I got my weekly London invite yesterday to the Jacobs Pro Lounge for next week, I hope the administrators do find another company willing to take it on, I'll miss the massive pro discounts on used gear that I've enjoyed from them.

Such a shame, another victim on the high street. I hope a buyer is found soon.

It's not a "victim of internet shopping". Jacobs do internet shopping.

It's a victim of the current financial climate meltdown which is why discount warehouses are full of stuff that still has well-known high street store price labels on.

It will continue, and even bigger names will fall by the wayside, and the pavement on West Street will need widening for the queues :-(

But "Call me Dave" and his mates will be alright, cos we're all in it together, it's just that the "it" that we are in depends on who we are.