Why should I be scared!!

Publically name and shame the business. If people know who these theives are they're going to be less inclined to take their business to them and their business will fail.

Failing that, go down to a local pub and offer a small reward for any "assistance" in dealing with the low-lifes.

I don't think it's allowed to name and shame on here or I most certainly would!

The garage is just a front for their other operations...but my son didn't realise that until it was too late.

So sorry to hear this but its indicative of the society we live in, the bloke is the thief, but the police make your son provide receipts. I notice they never asked the other bloke for receipts, crazy hope you get them back, but don't hold your breath.

To be fair though, the onus is mainly on the one making the accusations. If neither have receipts, then the person who has possession should get to keep them.

To be fair though, the onus is mainly on the one making the accusations. If neither have receipts, then the person who has possession should get to keep them.

Luckily for us my son had most of the receipts...but the stuff that had already been removed and hidden...could not be accounted for by the police...they hadn't got a search warrant for the premises and it was getting crowded as more kept coming to view...it was very scary and the police sent for two more officers.

After 4 hours of waiting and the police negotiating it was just a relief to come away with some of the stuff.

And just to add...the tools that have been stolen can be replaced...my son can't be...that is the kind of lowlife that we have been very unfortunate to come up against.

Edited by loxleylovely

Its statements like that that let them get away with it, speak to a solicitor you may get a no win no fee deal. Also complain to the Chief Constable if you feel the Police were not thorough enough. You mention the race card. That should not matter, there has been a crime you are the victim. Do not stand for it.

house insurance usually offers free legal assistance.

Its statements like that that let them get away with it, speak to a solicitor you may get a no win no fee deal. Also complain to the Chief Constable if you feel the Police were not thorough enough. You mention the race card. That should not matter, there has been a crime you are the victim. Do not stand for it.

What's wrong with the statement? Just imagine if someone just decided out of the blue to cliam that they own all the goods in your house, but they just don't happen to have the receipts and neither do you.

If there is proof that they have actually stolen them, then fair enough, but if there is no proof, why should the person who has possession have to give them up?

Luckly Loxley's son did have some receipts so that's a good thing, but as they say, his life is more important than tools. But i do hope that they get what's coming to them.

Pm me with their details please. I certainly would not want to give them any of my business

You do not know the "right" people to collect your tools for you. The cost to you may have been more than the value of the tools, but you would have been chuffed with the results.

Angel.

I could have done things different but not on that territory...he had a lot of support from local well wishes...and the police also noticed quite a few drive bys so I would imagine their trade might drop off for a while.

These sort of people must have tried and tested this and know they get away with it, hopefully one day soon they will meet their match, perhaps referring this to one of them televised watchdog programmes might get results.

I could have done things different but not on that territory...he had a lot of support from local well wishes...and the police also noticed quite a few drive bys so I would imagine their trade might drop off for a while.

The thing is with people like this is that they are never as tough as they would like you to think.

They may own a bit of property, a few police and a few dodgy business's but like everyone they can be easily dealt with if you know how to go about it.

These sort of people must have tried and tested this and know they get away with it, hopefully one day soon they will meet their match, perhaps referring this to one of them televised watchdog programmes might get results.

Sorry but :hihi:

A cheap alternative to a solicitor is to put it through the small claims court. Your proof isn`t just about reciepts. You are a witness to your sons ownership of the tools, plus anyone else who knows your son.

The main point though is if they ignore the county court order. the judgement can be put through, against them. Once a County Court Judgement(CCJ) has been entered into the register, it is a Public register, which means it is not subject to data protection. In other words you can then safely tell anyone you like about it, and name them. Once you have your copy of the judgement, you could even send a copy to their bank, if you wanted to. That would put the cat amongst the pigeons for them.