Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Stop throwing so much stuff away and you'll be fine.

You're welcome to have my bags full of chicken sh*t and soiled straw, PM me your address and i'll drop them off for you.

Not all car owners, those in band A pay no "road tax".

Where did I say all car owners?

It's still a tax that car owners have to pay

Anyway, it's not like Council Tax Band A; merely cars that emit < 100 somethings per something else.

well they came yesterday the bins are full and noticing rubbish gathering around already the problem is closing the tips for so many days is having a major knock on effect .

Stop throwing so much stuff away and you'll be fine.

Another way to look at that is dont buy so much stuff, that leads to stuff being thrown away, such as packaging etc.

When demand for "stuff" goes down you could be out of a job.

I've just read on the Sheffield Star's website that the introduction of fortnightly bin collections will start next month. I can't remember that being on the agenda when Labour asked me to vote for them at the last local election. Kept that one up their sleeve didn't they. What a little miracle worker Jack Scott is. First the dump-it sites and now the bins. How are we going to accommodate all the fly tippers? Perhaps if Jack Scott is reading any of this he'd like to leave his address so that we can re-direct them to his street.

i think that people will start to dump rubbish, like the late 70's

black bin emptied...now the blue is full of glass, plastic and tins, the box is full of paper....ready to be sorted next tuesday....

hope i get a gold star on my bin for doing it right....

had a good burning session last night to rid the garden of its waste...everything looks tidy...

Walking around Nether Edge yesterday it seems that the Council have stopped emptying street bins as I went passed 2 of them and both were overflowing.

Whats going on?

Street bins are emptied by Streetforce. from Monday this part of the council will be outsourced to AMEY as part of the highways PFI contract.

Well it appears that I've missed my bin collection due to forgetting that they'd switched it to a completely different day for no apparent reason. I rushed out hoping that they hadn't come yet (as they used to come around about 8am) but every bin is empty already.

Not a good start to the new scheme...

Didn't you get an extra leaflet along with the 6 page guide to the new recycling services because I did? On this extra leaflet it stated that for this week only there would be an additional black bin collection on your usual day of the week and then collections would continue as per the calendar on the back page of the guide.

If there was then they never turned up where I live.