Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Some of it goes on roads - what do I pay road tax for?

You don't.

You don't.

There's always one. :rolleyes:

'Vehicle excise duty' then. It's still a tax that car owners have to pay regardless of what it's used for.

people are moaning because we pay council tax we are paying for thw service that we are not getting anymore yes the council tax is for other things but i was for WEEKLY bins as well. be for council tax came in we had bins ever week & we didn't pay anywhere near what we are paying in council tax. thats the reason why we are moaning!!!

That's the important bit. Instead of seeing how things turn out, all we've had is page after page of moan and speculation.

So many other cities and boroughs have gone to fortnightly bin collections and there hasn't been a fraction of the moaning like on here.

What a ridiculous statement.

I take it you have frequented all other local UK forums to check your facts? Didn't think so. :)

Edited by Rob_1

Now that bin collections have moved to every two weeks I wonder if it is OK to have 2 black bins and put them both out?

I'm not sure how anyone would know even it it was against the rules, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

It better be! I live in a property that has been converted into two seperate flats so while both flats have the same entrance we our classed as different properties and have a black bin each.

It better be! I live in a property that has been converted into two seperate flats so while both flats have the same entrance we our classed as different properties and have a black bin each.

If the building is split into flats, each flat gets one bin each. We have four (four flats, one main door), and usually only put two out, although this may change now. I've just got to get used to whether its blue bin or black bin week!

I'm not sure how you would go about obtaining two bins, without stealing one. Maybe there will be a spate of people stealing black wheelie bins :hihi:

I'm sure the bin men would notice though if there were more bins than houses/flats :suspect:

yeh it think its legal

My mum lives at westfield and she went to the council to complain that 1 bin isnt enough for a block of 4 flats.

She was told if she paid extra on her rates she could have one of her own which she is dealing with now.

I myself live in Rotherham and asked for another bin and got one delivered the following week.

skhan, please enlighten me re more than 1 black bin. Do you know where it says you can put out more than one ? Very interested in this.

Just make sure you dont put stickers on with your house number on one of the wheelie`s ,and when you put your bins out. just put one 50 years down the road so they dont catch on you have two. That should be enough to keep the bin snoopers off your scent. ;)