Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

I notice the article says you choose what you put in the blue bin. In which case I'll use mine for green waste in summer and save paper and bottles up for winter. Sorted.

Guest sibon
Thats an easy thing to say but in reality its not practical is it?

Why not? It seems to make perfect sense to me.

Why not? It seems to make perfect sense to me.

No one is going to not buy something they want or need because of how its packaged are they?

No one is going to not buy something they want or need because of how its packaged are they?

Time to change your habits maybe? If there's a drop off in the sales of over packaged goods then maybe the shops will stop selling them Or leave the packaging in the shop..

Guest sibon

Why not? If you avoid buying prepackaged fruit and veg, you will free up lots of bin space.

Cooking from scratch helps too. Much less packaging that way, and better for you.

Many millions of people have managed to cope with the change to alternate black bin and recycling collections, I'm sure that the others will find a way to cope.

Many millions of people have managed to cope with the change to alternate black bin and recycling collections, I'm sure that the others will find a way to cope.

But you're talking about places other than Sheffield :)

Why would someone go to the trouble of fly-tipping, but not make a trip to the recycling centre/tip? Bizarre.

I bet half of the people complaining don't recycle, or compact rubbish/packaging before putting waste in the bin.

Good decision in my opinion.

Why would someone go to the trouble of fly-tipping, but not make a trip to the recycling centre/tip? Bizarre.

I bet half of the people complaining don't recycle, or compact rubbish/packaging before putting waste in the bin.

Good decision in my opinion.

My Bold=

Not everyone drives a car and dump it sites don't allow you in on foot.

My Bold=

Really? ours does....

Will the world really end, I wonder?

Yes. Not sure yet whether it will be with a bang or a whimper (or as John Cooper Clarke said, a Wimpy's).

My Bold=

Then try option two, or eat less, or ask the little old lady if you would mind putting a couple of bags in her wheelie bin.

There are always alternatives.