Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

they dont know i do but our bin is full every week so i go out and fill there bins at about 1230 am bin morning coz they wont take a black bag off the floor lol

We've got one of those old style metal bins, no way that's going to last being emptied every two weeks.

they dont know i do but our bin is full every week so i go out and fill there bins at about 1230 am bin morning coz they wont take a black bag off the floor lol

Oh, I misunderstood what you put, I thought you meant they share your bin haha.

right just rang them apparently i dont meet the criteria for a bigger bin or anyother bin there is 5 in our family and she wouldnt answer my question of "how many should there be "i asked her what i should do she said "take the rest to the recycling plant" i did explain to her that i dont drive and i dont think they would let me on the bus will 5 black bags of rubbish lol

they offerd no solution to my problem and why asked if they would take them if left out on the road the answer was NO

looks like there will be plenty for the foxes to eat then

Did she REALLY say that? :rant:

I've just read on the Sheffield Star's website that the introduction of fortnightly bin collections will start next month. I can't remember that being on the agenda when Labour asked me to vote for them at the last local election. Kept that one up their sleeve didn't they. What a little miracle worker Jack Scott is. First the dump-it sites and now the bins. How are we going to accommodate all the fly tippers? Perhaps if Jack Scott is reading any of this he'd like to leave his address so that we can re-direct them to his street.

Now you are more informed you will make a wiser voting choice next time. ;-)

This initiative was pioneered in Northants when I lived there in a previous life. It was an unpleasant experience towards the later days of the fortnight. However, there was a wicked little business that someone set up, washing and disinfecting bins immediately after they had been emptied. I paid for this service, and would probably pay again if someone set up one.

Guest sibon
right just rang them apparently i dont meet the criteria for a bigger bin or anyother bin there is 5 in our family and she wouldnt answer my question of "how many should there be "i asked her what i should do she said "take the rest to the recycling plant" i did explain to her that i dont drive and i dont think they would let me on the bus will 5 black bags of rubbish lol

they offerd no solution to my problem and why asked if they would take them if left out on the road the answer was NO

looks like there will be plenty for the foxes to eat then

If you don't drive, it might be a good idea to look for stuff with little or no packaging when you shop.

That way it is easier to carry home and your bin stays empty.

Sounds like a winner to me.

will there be a reduction in council tax seeing as they are now providing less of a service?

Will the world really end, I wonder?

sibon

when you have 3 screaming kids running round your feet when shopping the last think i want to think about is will this fit in my bin when empty

how many ppl in your family then sibon????

Guest sibon
will there be a reduction in council tax seeing as they are now providing less of a service?

No. Because you have already had a reduction in the amount of your tax that goes to local government. That is why they need to save money.

Guest sibon
sibon

when you have 3 screaming kids running round your feet when shopping the last think i want to think about is will this fit in my bin when empty

how many ppl in your family then sibon????

More than three people in my household mick.

My bin is usually less than half full too.