Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Im not so much bothered about the collections, its the fact I have to share with three other neighbours who fill it with goodness knows what! I take them out each week (all 4) as I don't want to see cats ripping up the bins I know I shouldnt have to but its the way I was brought up and the most hygienic thing to do but the problem will be theirs when I leave in 6 weeks :)

2 minutes ago we received a letter telling us our first new blue bin collection is, yes you guessed it, this morning BUT, they acknowledge that we weren't informed so they're doing another collection tomorrow.

I guess this is happening because of the service agreement in the accompanying leaflet.

Well, we've all been given the wrong leaflets. Nice work SCC!

Previously we were Monday collections. Last week we all got leaflets saying that our collections would now be every other Monday, which makes sense (sic).

No collection today, just looked on the Veolia website and apparently we are now Wednesday collections...

Well, we've all been given the wrong leaflets. Nice work SCC!

Previously we were Monday collections. Last week we all got leaflets saying that our collections would now be every other Monday, which makes sense (sic).

No collection today, just looked on the Veolia website and apparently we are now Wednesday collections...

Not just happened with you, what area do you live in?

Blunkett is your MP, not your councillor. You have 3 councillors. Look on the council's website to find out who they are and then get in touch. You'll have to find out what ward you're in. If you're not sure try the local library or Town Hall if you're in town.

Right, thanks, I have found them. I will write to all three of them, although why the women on the phone was so ridiculously cagey I don't know and what this will solve I know will be nothing. What we need is everyone who is unhappy about this to dump their rubbish outside of the Town Hall, then we'll talk.

Here is the link in case anyone else wants to send an ignored email (or to receive some standard patronized reply about cuts):

http://councillors.sheffield.gov.uk/index.asp?pgid=215818

Edit: Also who are Veolia? Is this the council dept responsible for waste management or is it some privatised, sub-contracted firm?

Edited by Benedictine

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/Sheffield/Collections/Postcode-search/

Confirms collection days! It's accurate too. So you can all check, seen as you obviously have internet connection and the time to do it :)

Thanks for the link. I never received any leaflets or anything telling me when fortnightly collections started (and to be honest I haven't given it any thought) so I put my bin out today as usual. Having checked your link it turns out that my bin day has now been changed to Fridays.

Also who are Veolia? Is this the council dept responsible for waste management or is it some privatised, sub-contracted firm?

They're a whole confusion of companies.

I did a company search on "Veolia" here

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/toolsToHelp/findCompanyInfo.shtml

Click on "Access Webcheck."

Enter the company of your choice here

http://www.companycheck.co.uk/index

To get financial information and directors' names and addresses.

Thanks for the link. I never received any leaflets or anything telling me when fortnightly collections started (and to be honest I haven't given it any thought) so I put my bin out today as usual. Having checked your link it turns out that my bin day has now been changed to Fridays.

Mines changed from Friday to Wednesday. It's not fair for people who can't check via the internet etc though is it, what are they supposed to do! hmph.

Ours was today apparently but no one must have known seen as no bins were out this morning

After reading the many posts on here from householders who have either received wrong info ,or no info at all, it is very clear that sheffield city council couldnt organize a drinking session in a brewery .

The words "complete Farce " spring to mind .

After reading the many posts on here from householders who have either received wrong info ,or no info at all, it is very clear that sheffield city council couldnt organize a drinking session in a brewery .

The words "complete Farce " spring to mind .

Ah but it's not Sheffield Council's fault....well that's what they say anyway