Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

our bin is emptied every week...when does it switch to every other week....

Disgrace, vote the pillocks out next election time.

they wont get voted out because there brainwashed into voting labour theres so many things that have changed for the worse in 2 years they have been in charge

because he passes it every day

Oh! I always thought that amenities provided by the City Council were for

the use of Sheffield residents, ratepayers. No wonder people complain about the queues

at the dumpit sites, when every Tom Dick and Harry who happen to be passing

are using them. Especially as Barnsley has 50 "recycling bring it sites"

Edited by bazjea

in chesterfield for years now after the first collection you soon get used to to them one black . then you get two other bins a brown one and a green bin , the black for household rubbish, a drown one for cardboard and paper and a grean one for garden rubbish then and grass. there will be some weeks when you dont have to take one of them out cause it won't be anywhere near full

According to posts you have emigrated to Barnsley.

In that case I would assume you pay Council Tax to Barnsley Council

If that is so why are you using Sheffield Council Dumpit site in

Deepcar?

Because Deepcar was my local tip before i emigrated to Barnsley ,and i know all the dump lads there, and i use Deepcar because the dump lads at Penistone are too nosy for my liking , too keen on snooping through your rubbish when you go in the tip .

in chesterfield for years now after the first collection you soon get used to to them one black . then you get two other bins a brown one and a green bin , the black for household rubbish, a drown one for cardboard and paper and a grean one for garden rubbish then and grass. there will be some weeks when you dont have to take one of them out cause it won't be anywhere near full

So you've got fortnightly black bin collection and no apocalyptic doom has struck Chesterfield? Amazing!

Because Deepcar was my local tip before i emigrated to Barnsley ,and i know all the dump lads there, and i use Deepcar because the dump lads at Penistone are too nosy for my liking , too keen on snooping through your rubbish when you go in the tip .

If you went green, you could put the bodies :) in your worm bin.

our bin is emptied every week...when does it switch to every other week....

This is the last week of weekly collections going by the leaflet we've got. I'm not sure whether that means we won't get it the week after, or the week after that though.. hmm.

Leaflet got today from veolia, check your collection calendar which will be delivered by 10th August

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/bin-chaos-is-predicted-in-sheffield-1-4819824

Bin chaos is predicted in Sheffield

But Coun Jack Scott, Sheffield Council cabinet member for environment, waste and streetscene, said: “The Government has dealt us a heavy blow in terms of budget cuts, leaving us with no choice but to make changes across the city.

“One of these changes is the alternate weekly collection of bins. This is not a decision which has been taken lightly. We have thought long and hard when faced with stark decisions about where the cuts should come.

I wonder is Councillor Jack Scott can explain why other cities and boroughs have had fortnightly collections for years without any problem, and have been fortnightly since before the cuts.

One bin lorry driver, who wished to remain anonymous, told The Star: “People are being told that the switch to fortnightly bin collections will save the city £2.4 million per year.

“But how can that be when they have paid redundancy money to men and then find themselves having to set as many as 40 more on plus extra wagons for the first three months?

Perhaps that's because your a bin man and and such don't have access to company accounts and figures?

The Star still makes me laugh. "Chaos", really?

Or just the collection run taking a little longer the first few times while they learn the new route? And how different can the routes be? Same houses, same bins, just not as often.

I wonder is Councillor Jack Scott can explain why other cities and boroughs have had fortnightly collections for years without any problem, and have been fortnightly since before the cuts.

I think that's because people in other cities and towns probably concern themselves with more important things than weekly bin collections. :roll: I do seem to remember some outcries before these changes were implemented in some other places - but not a lot since.

I've had a leaflet which is easy to understand. I now know my new collection day from next week, and my blue bins are having an extra collection at the weekend. Sorted.