Woodhouse west School

Mrs Allsop ( evil cow), Miss Ashton, Mr Dicks, Mr Barcley, Mr Portieus was head master but I was there when he took over from an old bloke who had been there for years. The School was to small for the amount of kids it had so when I was in the 4th year of infants we got moved to the Middle School. Handy for me as I lived in the old houses on Coisley Hill

I went to W West in the early to mid 50s. Headmaster was Mr Vaughan, a great guy. Mr Thorpe was there, also a Mr Dabel (sp?). I moved on from there to High Storrs Grammar for Boys. Sorry to learn that it's been demolished. Great old village school. I remember one day Mr Thorpe calling me out to the front, giving me half a crown,. and asking me to go to the corner store to fetch him a packet of Senior Service. Imagine getting away with that nowadays?

Ahhh so happy memories of Woodhouse West.

I was there from 53 to 59...my older sisters and brother all went there as well.

I remember Mr. Vaughan...best headmaster ever, Nora Richardson...as said nobody ever crossed her, Mr. Thorpe....remember his old leather briefcase, Miss Moody...did she ever have a different hairstyle, Mrs. Griffiths...she had room with fireplace, Miss Bingham, Mr. Wallace, Mr. Beeston, Miss Tongue

I also remeber when school was remodelled...we sat in class in our coats it was so cold.

Does anyone remember Jacqueline Hardy getting hit by the bus on Coisley Hill and losing part of her leg

Correction to previous post....it was Miss Woodward who later became Mrs. Bingham.

Forgot to name Mrs. Barker.

Does anyone remember being monitor responsible for making teacher's tea and coffee?

I went to woodhouse west from 75 until 78.

me too maybee we know each other

Carcrash do you remember any of the teachers names ?,

if you went to woodhouese west maybee you went to woodhoue west end the scool further down do you remember mr deeks the teacher who used to play guitarr to his class while everyone was working xx and i remember at the other school the older one - prefab classrooms outside we wud always prefere to be in them cus they at least had heating the school was freezing i remember ohh and another memory was they had this massive black and white dolls house made of wood does anyone remember thet ???? i thought it was amazing at the time but then i was only probably about 6ish lol

my grandad was the lollypop man there until about 1972 ish his name was frank fidler

God I Know All Them Names Most Of Them Went To City School Darren Curry N Wayne Rhymell Especialy I Must Know You Unless You Was Verry Quiet I Hung Round With All The Idiots Lol Lol ,,,,, Sharon Brown Remember Me By Anychance Little Fat Dumpy N Extremely Gobby !!! He He .. Still Am :) Ha Ha Ha John Who ?? Im Intruiged Now

i went to the old woodhouse west from 1979-1983 i think it was. i remember a mrs benson,miss smith,mrs preistnall,mrs brown. i used to love the boiler bricks and the numbers on the stone stairs. i lived just over the wall from the school and could see it from my bedroom window. i was quite upset when they demolished it and i have also been lookin for some picturesd to put on my facebook group about woodhouse.

i now work at the *new* woodhouse west which used to be just the junior school

i went to woodhouse west started in 1975