Asian clothes shop recommendation please

Can anyone recommend a good Asian clothes shop where I could buy a few things as a present for a friend? She's just had a baby and all of her maternity clothes are too big but her pre-baby clothes are too small, and she doesn't have the time or money at the moment to go clothes shopping. I thought it'd be a nice gift if I bought her a few new things to wear, but I'm not sure where best to look - I know there are quite a few shops in Firvale and around London Road but I only really know the ones that just sell fabric rather than ready-made clothes. If anyone has any recommendations for shops with nice clothes at reasonable prices, that'd be a big help. I'd mainly be looking for the tunic/dress type tops to be worn over trousers as my friend tends to wear these with plain black trousers rather than wearing a whole suit, but I don't know if you can buy these separately or if they're always sold as a whole outfit. Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by hillsgal

Can anyone recommend a good Asian clothes shop where I could buy a few things as a present for a friend? She's just had a baby and all of her maternity clothes are too big but her pre-baby clothes are too small, and she doesn't have the time or money at the moment to go clothes shopping. I thought it'd be a nice gift if I bought her a few new things to wear, but I'm not sure where best to look - I know there are quite a few shops in Firvale and around London Road but if anyone has any recommendations for shops with nice ready-made clothes at reasonable prices, that'd be a big help. I'd mainly be looking for the tunic/dress type tops to be worn over trousers (sorry, can't remember what they're called!) as my friend tends to wear these with plain black trousers rather than wearing a whole suit, but I don't know if you can buy these separately or if they're always sold as a whole outfit. Thanks for any suggestions!

Arshad Textiles on Page hall Road are good, any asian fabric shop should sell ready made clothes.

there are a couple of shops on attercliffe front which always have the most amazing window displays...but i confess ive never been in and have no idea about prices.

i hope you manage to find something suitable...as a complete magpie, this sounds like shopping heaven to me! :)

x

I know, I have a feeling I may end up with something for myself as well...I've already got a suitcase full of gorgeous fabrics from Asian fabric shops that I still need to get round to making into something, but I've never actually looked at ready made clothes, the shops I tend to go in are just for fabric. Luckily my friend and I have very different taste in colours (she's a girly girl and likes pink and pale colours, I'm really not like that!) so I won't have any dilemmas about buying things for her and wanting to keep them myself ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...