Reduced Items at Morrisons

Hi All, well I could'nt believe what I saw yesterday! I called into Morrisons at Ecclesfield for a couple of things and round the fruit section you could'nt move. Our friends who dress in tracksuits and jumpers, had a trolley each and all the reduced fruit (there were loads) as soon as the staff member had reduced it they had put it in their trolley! It was half full with every type of fruit, then they must have gone to the other reduced area. I was on the next checkout when they paid and their trolley full came to £13.96!!!:o I said to the lady on the checkout that I thought you were only allowed to buy a certain number of items and she said they're putting a stop to it,and what they do is sell it out of their van to their local community. Think i'll nip down later see if I can get my shopping so cheap:)

I never saw any limit on the number of reduced items they'd let customers buy. Would seem a strange thing for a retailer to do - not allowing people to buy stock.

Fair play to those customers though if they've found a way of making a few bob. Hope they keep all their receipts for the tax man.

There is no limit to how many reduced items (ie going out of date) a customer can buy and never will be ! I find it hard to believe that the checkout operator would know they were selling it off to the local community, get real :help:

The limit on goods purchased is for 2 for 1's offers etc NOT out of date stuff!

Hi All, well I could'nt believe what I saw yesterday! I called into Morrisons at Ecclesfield for a couple of things and round the fruit section you could'nt move. Our friends who dress in tracksuits and jumpers, had a trolley each and all the reduced fruit (there were loads) as soon as the staff member had reduced it they had put it in their trolley! It was half full with every type of fruit, then they must have gone to the other reduced area. I was on the next checkout when they paid and their trolley full came to £13.96!!!:o I said to the lady on the checkout that I thought you were only allowed to buy a certain number of items and she said they're putting a stop to it,and what they do is sell it out of their van to their local community. Think i'll nip down later see if I can get my shopping so cheap:)

Sorry but it's a sign of the times, what has how a person dresses got to do with what they buy?. Everyone is now tightening their belts, and when people are on a lower income, even more so. If people spot these bargains then fair play to them, just don't be jealous because they beat you to it.:loopy:

Guest busdriver1
At least they are buying fruit, which must be a good thing, as opposed to buying pies and other fast food.

I bet when they have sold it all on they use the money to buy pizza :hihi:

While I find your post amusing, I have noticed on an evening people milling around waiting for chickens and bread to be reduced, once this happens they are like vultures trying to get scraps.

If there is reduced stuff available, i'll have a look but I certainly wont go out of my way for some stale bread or an overcooked chicken.