Contract Manager not giving SSP1 form

Hi

I need some help, i am a casual worker and work for security company . Last year in December i had an accident and i was off sick more than 28 days.

My contract manager (now former) called me and asked me that i need to provide medical documents, if i fail to provide then they would not pay me sick pay.

I then provided him all medical documents like doctor's note etc but after that i did not hear any thing.

I kept asking him when he is going to pay but every time he made excuse and said that he will pay me in next pay date (monthly).

Now my contract has been taken over by new manager when i asked her about my sick pay then she said that i am not eligible for the sick pay.

I rang Employment and Support agency and i been told that they need SSP1 form filled in by my employer and also need to attach original medical documents.

They also said i am running out of time because its been log time when i had an accident.

I rang my company and asked them to send my medical documents back but they said they cant find them , i also rang my contract manager for SSP1 form and i was surprised when she said what is SSP1 form she does not but will find out.

I explained to her that SSP1 form which employer has to fill in and send it back to the employee, she replied rudely that she is not in the office so cant check then put the phone down on me.

I dont know what to do i rang my surgery and they said they will provide back dated sick notes but i dont know what to do as my contract manager not providing me SSP1 form.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

SSP1 form is the form that an employer sends to you when you do not qualify for sick pay for any reason. It explains the reason why they cannot pay you. From the information you have provided I would suggest that this is because your average earning would not have been enough.

They may be thinking that because you are casual worker they do not have to provide you with a SSP1 form.

You can download a copy of the form from the direct gov website (I have put the link below). I would suggest you write to them enclosing the form and asking them to return to you within 7 days. Keep a copy of the letter and send so that you get a signature for receipt. If they still do not supply you can then take this up with the DWP.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_10018786?CID=MTB&PLA=url_mon&CRE=sick_pay

Good luck!

Hi Mobileb thanks for the suggestion actually i was earning more than £107/ week so that's not the problem for my eligibility.

When company refused not to pay SSP then i rang employment and support agency and told them that i am casual worker on zero hour contract, they said no matter you have to provide SSP1 form + original doctor's notes.

I have sent an email to my manager with attached SSP1 form, the problem is that my new manager not co-operating at all, first my previous manager lied to me that he will pay me but he did not and they also lost my original doctors notes etc which i have to get another one from the doctor.

Its going on for nearly six months since i had accident i have no hope that they are serious and resolve this problem.

SSP1 form is the form that an employer sends to you when you do not qualify for sick pay for any reason. It explains the reason why they cannot pay you. From the information you have provided I would suggest that this is because your average earning would not have been enough.

They may be thinking that because you are casual worker they do not have to provide you with a SSP1 form.

You can download a copy of the form from the direct gov website (I have put the link below). I would suggest you write to them enclosing the form and asking them to return to you within 7 days. Keep a copy of the letter and send so that you get a signature for receipt. If they still do not supply you can then take this up with the DWP.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_10018786?CID=MTB&PLA=url_mon&CRE=sick_pay

Good luck!

Hi Mobileb thanks for the suggestion actually i was earning more than £107/ week so that's not the problem for my eligibility.

When company refused not to pay SSP then i rang employment and support agency and told them that i am casual worker on zero hour contract, they said no matter you have to provide SSP1 form + original doctor's notes.

I have sent an email to my manager with attached SSP1 form, the problem is that my new manager not co-operating at all, first my previous manager lied to me that he will pay me but he did not and they also lost my original doctors notes etc which i have to get another one from the doctor.

Its going on for nearly six months since i had accident i have no hope that they are serious and resolve this problem.

The £107 per week is the average wage criteria over previous 8 weeks before you went off sick. You qualify irrespective of your contracted hours. If you have the wage slips to support this you will be able to send off to DWP as supporting evidence. Did you ensure you gave a deadline to your current employer? The advantage of going by post rather than email is that you can get a signature of receipt so it becomes more formal. If your manager, for instance, is out of office or on holiday you could easily get forgotten about and have no proof of delivery.

I worked mostly average between 18 to 30 hours and i have wage slips as evidence.

I have sent SSP1 form by post as well today also my contract manager read my email as i requested read receipt which she acknowledged.

Now let see if they resolve this or not, my main concern is that i am running out of time because its been long time since i had an accident and EAS can only pay SSP backdated for three months.

I worked mostly average between 18 to 30 hours and i have wage slips as evidence.

I have sent SSP1 form by post as well today also my contract manager read my email as i requested read receipt which she acknowledged.

Now let see if they resolve this or not, my main concern is that i am running out of time because its been long time since i had an accident and EAS can only pay SSP backdated for three months.

That is true. But if you hyave been underpaid you can go to small claims for payment for up to six years. Not totally recommended though but available to you.