New Sheffield Bus Network- good or bad for the public?

Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse

• The revised Bus Services are better
    • The revised Bus Services are worse

The 57 comes just before the SL in a morining at Oughtibrige at 6.43am. Any SL and 57 bus before that is at 5.55am (ish). The 57 when run by first came in between the 5.55am and 6.47am SL bus.

The 57 should run in between the SL times, then the change would be worth it.

The 57 comes just before the SL in a morining at Oughtibrige at 6.43am. Any SL and 57 bus before that is at 5.55am (ish). The 57 when run by first came in between the 5.55am and 6.47am SL bus.

The 57 should run in between the SL times, then the change would be worth it.

Constructive feedback like that would probably be useful to SYPTE and Stagecoach in developing the new services, may be worth dropping a message with the suggestion via the contact us page at http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com

In the case of the Stocksbridge route, First dropped it and Stagecoach now operate the service. Many people from Stocksbridge use bus SL1 to connect with Supertram leaving the 57 bus to cater for the few areas not served by SL1. As Stagecoach is a new operator for the 57 it may take a few weeks for them to measure usage and demand and adjust vehicle allocation accordingly. Its probably also worth noting that since the change of operator the ticket price has fallen and more modern buses are being used which may be attracting more passengers too.

The problem with Stocksbridge buses is that if you stick your hand out and you have less than 6 fingers, the driver doesn't stop.

Instead of Improving the Service they have made Alot Worst,because people who have been used to catching the same Bus an Timetables now have to Keeping asking the Drivers were they are Going an now can"t reach were they want to get too on time,some Routes have been changed for No Reason,as some Bus take alot longer to reach there destination ,couldn"t they have left things as there were,but just changed the Tickets so you could catch any Bus available in Sheffield by just using One ticket Bought

I may be rehashing old arguments, but busses went down hill when They were privatized, still subsidized more than ambulances, and only in it for profit, not for making traffic lighter, or ease of getting about.

Fewer buses & changed routes and operators made it worse for me. I used to be able to get 57 or 14 from top of Dykes Hall Road to bus station. Now 14 doesn't go to bus station and 57 only runs every half an hour. If 57s are now going past full it's going to be even worse. They were bad enough last week even with the kids being off school & college. I've been off work Mon & Tues this week but back tomorrow.

I'm thinking the best option for me from now on is to take the car.

First did not like the Competition from Stagecoach an they couldn"t keep up with the Fare Prices,They used to be £18.50 a week on First an £11 on Stagecoach,they stopped alot of Stagecoach buses going on the same routes as theres,but Stagecoach are more Reliable,the 47/48 at Herdings to Shiregreen as been so Unreliable for Years but no changes have been made to improve it by First,but now Stagecoach at stepped in with the 79,why couldn"t the Sheffield Council get Rid of First as All they are bothered about is making Money not helping the Sheffield Public at All

The problem with Stocksbridge buses is that if you stick your hand out and you have less than 6 fingers, the driver doesn't stop.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Even after the biggest bus company in Sheffield cut fares by over a third, people on here aren't happy.

Blah blah blah, used to cost two pence when I were a lad, blah blah

Truth is that most services didn't change, and most of the changes were for the better (even if it does mean running empty buses along Psalter Lane etc to pacify the hundreds of people who signed a petition to "save" a bus that they never used)

Even after the biggest bus company in Sheffield cut fares by over a third, people on here aren't happy.

Blah blah blah, used to cost two pence when I were a lad, blah blah

Truth is that most services didn't change, and most of the changes were for the better (even if it does mean running empty buses along Psalter Lane etc to pacify the hundreds of people who signed a petition to "save" a bus that they never used)

Truth is "most services" don't apply to me so why should I be happy? And the biggest bus company in Sheffield now doesn't run on the route that I need to get to work, so it makes no difference to me whether they cut their fares or not.

Part of the problem is that the frequency on the 57 is further reduced in the morning peak. It is now every 40 minutes, whereas before the "improvements" it was every 20 minutes with an X57 trip as well.

So the chages have not been beneficial in the Stocksbridge area.

The bus service in Sheffield is rubbish. At least they have been made to cop themselves on in as much as the prices are down and theres none of this cack about stagecoach only or first tickets only on your passes etc. Some improvements but a lot of tripe being talked too.