New Sheffield Bus Network- good or bad for the public?

Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse

• The revised Bus Services are better
    • The revised Bus Services are worse

im in killamarsh and we had one bus every half an hour they took that off .We now have the 71 every hour 7 days a week and a bus every 10 min to peaks .

The other day my daughter caught it charged her 1.70 when the day before it was 1.40 i still dont know why and i ve still got to ring them up .

The crystal peaks bus i caught that yesterday from bridge st to high st opposite to naggs head got up to get off he then the driver said we dont stop here so had to get off round corner why i would really like to know stagecoach not happy .

And they say things are bad in Syria.....

The 76 is great for the people living on the Flower estate at Wincobank, they run every ten minutes. A much needed improvement

im in killamarsh and we had one bus every half an hour they took that off .We now have the 71 every hour 7 days a week and a bus every 10 min to peaks .

The other day my daughter caught it charged her 1.70 when the day before it was 1.40 i still dont know why and i ve still got to ring them up .

The crystal peaks bus i caught that yesterday from bridge st to high st opposite to naggs head got up to get off he then the driver said we dont stop here so had to get off round corner why i would really like to know stagecoach not happy .

Thats terrible

The 76 is great for the people living on the Flower estate at Wincobank, they run every ten minutes. A much needed improvement

I work at NGH and have on many occaisions used the 37(?) that runs from the Clocktower all the way through Firth Park, to Wincobank and on to Meadowhall.

It takes an age and only runs every half hour but is still the quickest way for a bus user to get from NGH to Meadowhall. But it always made me feel really sorry for those living in Wincobank/Sandstone area as it seemed to me to be the only bus service!

I can't imagine how much better it is now - I'll probably need to go to M'hall soon so will walk down the road to catch the 76. Much quicker.

We had the Bus changes in Sheffield on Sunday,an Alot of People who have been so use to getting to Places on time now having trouble because of the Changes,Ecclesfield used to have 2 First an 2 Stagecoach,the 75/76 or 83/88 but now the 76 goes to Meadowhall an 83 goes on another Route,so now i am having Trouble Getting to Work on Time an now Getting Home alot Later,an people wanting to get to Morrison will find it alot harder as the 75 stops along way from there,Why?couldn"t they have left the Bus Routes as the were an just made so you could purchase any ticket to use on either type of Buses,Really Upset with the Bus Changes they have made

There's undoubtedly winners and losers when routes change but from what I have seen and experienced so far these changes are helping far more people than it is harming.

More than anything, these ticket changes have indirectly forced First to drop their ticket prices - I have gone from paying £18.50 (because I'm a mug) for a week ticket to now paying £11 a week. It's like my salary has been bumped up £350.

Before deregulation the bus timetables hardly changed at all from one year to the next.

Now they seem to change every few months.

These changes are not driven by a desire to improve the service to passengers so much as a need for greater efficiency (and thus profitability).

These are private firms not altruistic charities.

Undoubtedly true but does that necessarily mean these changes are bad?

im in killamarsh and we had one bus every half an hour they took that off .We now have the 71 every hour 7 days a week and a bus every 10 min to peaks ..

So with the tram feeder bus every 10 minutes and the 71 every hour you now have 7 departures an hour to get to Sheffield, compared to a 49 before twice an hour (which was more expensive - First charged £5 a day or £20 a week, Stagecoach charge £3.90 a day or £13 a week)

Edited by Andy C

I think they have been quite positive where I live. I am suprised by the amount of people using the 83a because the 6 would always be quite empty but the 83a always has quite a few people on it. The problem is though that the last bus is half an hour earlier than the 6, which was at 7 o'clock.

Edited by F1fan

I think they have been quite positive where I live. I am suprised by the amount of people using the 83a because the 6 would always be quite empty but the 83a always has quite a few people on it. The problem is though that the last bus is half an hour earlier than the 6, which was at 7 o'clock.

If Stagecoach find the new service is well supported and they get feedback asking for later buses, they may consider it be commercially worthwhile to make that improvement....

We had the Bus changes in Sheffield on Sunday,an Alot of People who have been so use to getting to Places on time now having trouble because of the Changes,Ecclesfield used to have 2 First an 2 Stagecoach,the 75/76 or 83/88 but now the 76 goes to Meadowhall an 83 goes on another Route,so now i am having Trouble Getting to Work on Time an now Getting Home alot Later,an people wanting to get to Morrison will find it alot harder as the 75 stops along way from there,Why?couldn"t they have left the Bus Routes as the were an just made so you could purchase any ticket to use on either type of Buses,Really Upset with the Bus Changes they have made

Where do you travel between?

From Ecclesfield to Sheffield City Centre you now have a choice of:

29,53,75,79,83,83A,88,97,98 and 265

You also have the new nightbus N88 at the weekend.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=4331&libID=4328

Edited by Andy C

and I'm now looking forward to trying the new N25 night bus this weekend as well...

The Changes are not Good for Sheffield,as Stagecoach use to charge just £11 a Week for a Pass an now because of the Merger with First they are £17,alot routes have been changed an timetables changed,so people now have to keep asking the Drivers which way they are going,its Trust with the Timetables we want in South Yorkshire as alot Bus Drivers Still drive as they are not bothered about getting people on time,as they know theres nobody checking up on them,Why couldn"t we just get rid of First an let Stagecoach run the Bus Service