New Sheffield Bus Network- good or bad for the public?

Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse

• The revised Bus Services are better
    • The revised Bus Services are worse

wadsley bridge/southey green the 53 hasnt really seen any service changes its still as frequent but the 79, which is still cheaper despite firsts price drops, is only half as frequent on average.

you can get on service 53 from ecclesfield to low edges/ bradway for £2.00.. you can use 79/79A from ecclesfield to batemoor for the same price £2.00. It depends if you are using it for a few stops but i think it will be about the same save for a few pence

Yes so if you are *past* Kilner way, like us, the service is half as frequent

In general the Fox hill /Wadsley bridge/Part Southey/part Parson cross (A61) its a case of gains/loss depending where you board the bus.

Using the 'White Horse/Southey Green road/Parson Cross C of E school as being Wadsley Bridge bus interchange the overall loss in the core day is 4 buses per hour to City

Core day per hour Was 17 (2) - 20 (3) - 53 (6) - 66 (2) - 79 (6)

Core day per hour NOW 13/13A (3) - 20 (3)- 53(6) - 79A (3)

Other buses still serving the local estates are 17 - P1/P2 and M92

yes I know there are other busses etc, but the point still stand its the cheaper service, which is still cheaper, that has got worse despite it being a "co-operative"

Yes so if you are *past* Kilner way, like us, the service is half as frequent

Although the 79 gains a full evening/ Sunday service

Although the 79 gains a full evening/ Sunday service

I would hardly say that the sunday service is a full service. and yes, yes it does, if you want to wait around 2 or 3 times longer than you have to for first.

These changes affect users in different ways and how you view the WHOLE picture or nit pick to suit your case (The way most debate is)

The Stagecoach tickets now offer a Full service instead of Part day/week.

First SY now more or less price match Stagecoach

If you still have another bus company providing PTE journeys a multi operator ticket is now cheaper and this weekly ticket can be purchased on the bus were as before it was only available from TSY travel centres.

So it depends if you go for headline - We lose 3 buses an hour or Get more travel from your Stagecoach Ticket with NEW evening and Sunday Service!!

Just to add Stagecoach are operating most of the 79/79A evening and Sunday service on a commercial basis saving you and me council tax (used to fund PTE journeys)

Edited by silverknight

These changes affect users in different ways and how you view the WHOLE picture or nit pick to suit your case (The way most debate is)

The Stagecoach tickets now offer a Full service instead of Part day/week.

First SY now more or less price match Stagecoach

If you still have another bus company providing PTE journeys a multi operator ticket is now cheaper and this weekly ticket can be purchased on the bus were as before it was only available from TSY travel centres.

So it depends if you go for headline - We lose 3 buses an hour or Get more travel from your Stagecoach Ticket with NEW evening and Sunday Service!!

Just to add Stagecoach are operating most of the 79/79A evening and Sunday service on a commercial basis saving you and me council tax (used to fund PTE journeys)

Woah weird jumle of words from that reply so an edit here.

Still the number of actual buses running in the normal hours for the 79/79A service is less than was running in the 79 and 78 services.

I would hardly say that the sunday service is a full service. and yes, yes it does, if you want to wait around 2 or 3 times longer than you have to for first.

Well, I don't know where you live (other than north of Kilner Way), but it's either a Sunday service till tea time (79) or one that runs all day (79A).

Considering there were no 79s a couple of years ago, that's pretty good.

Plus, the 53 (and other First services) is over a third cheaper now than a few weeks ago (£11 instead of £18).

Well, I don't know where you live (other than north of Kilner Way), but it's either a Sunday service till tea time (79) or one that runs all day (79A).

Considering there were no 79s a couple of years ago, that's pretty good.

Plus, the 53 (and other First services) is over a third cheaper now than a few weeks ago (£11 instead of £18).

Dont get it on a daily basis but the single fares are more expensive than the stagecouch that i used to get when I had to, think the standard day rider is too but didnt specifically look to check.

Dont get it on a daily basis but the single fares are more expensive than the stagecouch that i used to get when I had to, think the standard day rider is too but didnt specifically look to check.

hi again the fares on stagecoach and first are now matched.. so bus only day rider on stagecoach 3.40.. first day ticket 3.40.. hence the same price.. max single fare on stagecoach 79/79A £2.00 max single fare on First 53 and others £2.00 so no difference there they are the same :roll:

Edited by millsands
spelling

just thought i would give you a heads up.. service 49 First/TM Travel where the fare was £2.80 the new stagecoach 71 replacement the fare has gone up 60 pence overnight to £3.40. My girlfriends daughter got on at Killamarsh to go to Sheffield with her £1.40 child fare only to be told it was £1.70. I have sent a tweet to Travel South Yorkshire to see if the can explain this.

if its city wide surely staggering the buses would be easier on the 48 and 79,79a routes instead of the buses turning up at once