New Sheffield Bus Network- good or bad for the public?

Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Revised Bus Sheffield Bus Services better or worse

• The revised Bus Services are better
    • The revised Bus Services are worse

just thought i would give you a heads up.. service 49 First/TM Travel where the fare was £2.80 the new stagecoach 71 replacement the fare has gone up 60 pence overnight to £3.40. My girlfriends daughter got on at Killamarsh to go to Sheffield with her £1.40 child fare only to be told it was £1.70. I have sent a tweet to Travel South Yorkshire to see if the can explain this.

Killamarsh is in Derbyshire so doesn't fall under Travel South Yorkshire.

The adult single with Stagecoach from Killamarsh to Sheffield is £2.50.

Children/students get half fare in Derbyshire only if they hold the Derbyshire County Council B-Line pass, the journeys this is available on has been cut back due to public funding cuts.

However bus operators may offer a discounted child fare on a commercial basis to other kids, however they receive no subsidy to do so. Stagecoach have chosen to offer a special child fare for Killamarsh to Sheffield of £1.70 single or £2.75 return. They also offer a child all day explorer for £3.70. These fares apply on both the 71 bus and the Supertramlink SL3 service.

This website is relevant to Killamarsh residents rather than the Travel South Yorkshire one: http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_roads/public_transport/default.asp

Edited by Andy C

Killamarsh is in Derbyshire so doesn't fall under Travel South Yorkshire.

The adult single with Stagecoach from Killamarsh to Sheffield is £2.50.

Children/students get half fare in Derbyshire only if they hold the Derbyshire County Council B-Line pass, the journeys this is available on has been cut back due to public funding cuts.

However bus operators may offer a discounted child fare on a commercial basis to other kids, however they receive no subsidy to do so. Stagecoach have chosen to offer a special child fare for Killamarsh to Sheffield of £1.70 single or £2.75 return. They also offer a child all day explorer for £3.70. These fares apply on both the 71 bus and the Supertramlink SL3 service.

This website is relevant to Killamarsh residents rather than the Travel South Yorkshire one: http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_roads/public_transport/default.asp

hi andy she does have a BLINE Card and it was £1.40 yesterday and £1.70 today.

hi andy she does have a BLINE Card and it was £1.40 yesterday and £1.70 today.

Which version? BLine1 offers a 50% discount and BLine2 offers a 34% discount. It is possible TM Travel was offering a more generous discount than they had to, or the Stagecoach driver may have made a mistake.

I suggest you keep the ticket and contact Stagecoach Yorkshire customer services tomorrow (contact details http://www.stagecoachbus.com/sheffield)

TM Travel have now introduced a Sheffield YOYO ticket - valid on any TM Travel bus in Sheffield - £3.40 for the day or £11 for the week (same price as First and Stagecoach).

syte was the best in the world

Well, SYPTE did at least have the lowest fares in the UK and a rising level of usage.

BUT someone did have to fund all that fare-discounting: the ratepayers!

New nightbus routes N25 and N88 launch this weekend...

They run Friday night and Saturday night, departing Sheffield City Centre (West Street and Leopold Street) at 00:15, 01:15, 2:15 and 03:15.

flat fare applies to all journeys and all passengers - £2.50 single

N25 goes to Low Edges via Heeley, Woodseats and Meadowhead. Will continue beyond Lowedges terminus to serve bus stops at the fire station and on Greenhill Parkway if required.

N88 goes to Chapeltown, running via the daytime 88 as far as Ecclesfield then on to Chapeltown.

Route N52 is also altered from the same date, will depart West Street at the above times for Woodhouse via the normal 52 route. The Hillsborough end of N52 is withdrawn due to insufficient usage.

All the above night bus services - use them or lose them!

We had the Bus changes in Sheffield on Sunday,an Alot of People who have been so use to getting to Places on time now having trouble because of the Changes,Ecclesfield used to have 2 First an 2 Stagecoach,the 75/76 or 83/88 but now the 76 goes to Meadowhall an 83 goes on another Route,so now i am having Trouble Getting to Work on Time an now Getting Home alot Later,an people wanting to get to Morrison will find it alot harder as the 75 stops along way from there,Why?couldn"t they have left the Bus Routes as the were an just made so you could purchase any ticket to use on either type of Buses,Really Upset with the Bus Changes they have made

Before deregulation the bus timetables hardly changed at all from one year to the next.

Now they seem to change every few months.

These changes are not driven by a desire to improve the service to passengers so much as a need for greater efficiency (and thus profitability).

These are private firms not altruistic charities.

We had the Bus changes in Sheffield on Sunday,an Alot of People who have been so use to getting to Places on time now having trouble because of the Changes,Ecclesfield used to have 2 First an 2 Stagecoach,the 75/76 or 83/88 but now the 76 goes to Meadowhall an 83 goes on another Route,so now i am having Trouble Getting to Work on Time an now Getting Home alot Later,an people wanting to get to Morrison will find it alot harder as the 75 stops along way from there,Why?couldn"t they have left the Bus Routes as the were an just made so you could purchase any ticket to use on either type of Buses,Really Upset with the Bus Changes they have made

I live down in Ecclesfield and in the 2 days since the changes I'm having no trouble in getting to work on time and I've got to change buses in the city centre and I'm certainly not getting home any later.

Edited by robS35

I rarely catch the bus because I hate waiting around, but I did on Monday, and it took me 55 minutes to get home from work. On the plus side, the route change means the nearest stop is very close to my house, but I could get home just as quick by walking :(

I think I'll stick to my bike until it gets too cold :D

im in killamarsh and we had one bus every half an hour they took that off .We now have the 71 every hour 7 days a week and a bus every 10 min to peaks .

The other day my daughter caught it charged her 1.70 when the day before it was 1.40 i still dont know why and i ve still got to ring them up .

The crystal peaks bus i caught that yesterday from bridge st to high st opposite to naggs head got up to get off he then the driver said we dont stop here so had to get off round corner why i would really like to know stagecoach not happy .