Shih tzu advice

dullas

hi i am getting a shih tzu pup and he is very small to the rest of them tiny and the breeder said he has be to the vets and is healthy but he also said that if i wanted to i could have the female pup instead what he was going to keep for himself,could any one who knows about shih tzu give me any advice about why hes so small i do no that they have runts,he his eating the same amount of food as the rest of the pups

A lot of the time it's just how nature work's, sometime's you get something smaller or larger than the rest. With my pup's and a few other's i know the smallest one will catch up with the rest when they start eating on their own or in my case end up the biggest. Saying all that i would still be carfull and want my own vet to check him.

Aww, as long as he's checked by the vets he'll be fine. My last pup was so poorly when we got her, but I was so attached we just gave her meds etc and she was quite healthy (heart problems) and lived til she was 11!

My new pup however, is huuuuge and nobody believes he's a shih tzu because he's so tall.

It sounds like he is simply the runt of the litter. Have you watched him play with the rest of the litter? As long as he is fairly responsive and you have had him checked out by your own vet, like the others have said, it is just nature.

Just make sure that you don't over feed him because you are worried about him being small. He will grow at his own rate and over feeding can be very harmful to their health and it is an easy mistake to make.

Good luck with your new puppy! :)

Yeh like everyone said, seems that he's just a little titch.

My old dog, when we got him (lab), he was normal lab size, one of his brothers was really short but a little chubster and one of his other brothers was like a bloody horse, he was huuuge, just nature, some of us are tall, some short, same with animals I'd guess =)