Raid Scotland for league one players.

I just wondered what you all thought of the standard of Scottish Premier League players for league one football?. Young Flynn came down from north of the border and hes coming on well, his work rate is second to none and the more pitch time he gets the more I can see him coming good. It seems United have been scouting quite a bit of late north of the border and we have since been linked with 2-3 players for next seasons set up.

I personally think there could be some real talent for league one up in Scotland. To our advantage many want to make the move to England to further their careers and most importantly for United many of them are already on minimal wages which would help us financially as well as to stay in line with the new Fair Play rules next season.

Anyone know of any decent Scottish young talent who you wouldn't mind at the lane?

L. Toshney Celtic, Stevie May St Johnstone, Jason Holt Hearts, Liam Caddis St Johnstone, Stuart Armstrong Dundee Utd, Mark Durnan St Johnstone...

Should be more of a chance them moving south of the border at the moment what with Rangers not nicking all the best young talent for a change...

I just wondered what you all thought of the standard of Scottish Premier League players for league one football?. Young Flynn came down from north of the border and hes coming on well, his work rate is second to none and the more pitch time he gets the more I can see him coming good. It seems United have been scouting quite a bit of late north of the border and we have since been linked with 2-3 players for next seasons set up.

I personally think there could be some real talent for league one up in Scotland. To our advantage many want to make the move to England to further their careers and most importantly for United many of them are already on minimal wages which would help us financially as well as to stay in line with the new Fair Play rules next season.

Anyone know of any decent Scottish young talent who you wouldn't mind at the lane?

Not scottish but playing in Scotland. Winger Sony Aluko was recommended to Danny Wilson by Craig Brown on a free from Aberdeen as they couldn't afford to renew his contract, he eventually went to Rangers and looked good from what I saw on tv, we ended up paying 250k for Ryan Flynn. Maybe his wage demands were too much or Wilson just didn't want him. Might be available now due to Rangers finances.

Jock picking has always been hit and miss (more miss for Wednesday) for every 3 or 4 signed 1 may come up trumps.

What people have to understand is that the Scotish Prem is probably equivelant to league 1 and we shouldnt expect much from lads that make the journey south.

Sorry for the confusion fellas I meant players who play in the scottish premier league as opposed to Scottish nationality.

I always believed the Scottish Premier League to be the equivalent of mid table Championship in exception to the big two who are in my opinion bottom half premiership. I know there is probably a good few no-ones in the league but there has to be some cut price, low waged gems up there gagging for some proper english football?

Pretty much spot one

Rangers/Celtic - lower half premier league

Aberdeen/Hearts/Motherwell/Dundee United - Mid table Championship at best

Inverness Caley/St Mirren/Killie/St Johnstone/Hibs - League one

Plenty of decent talent up there.

From Rangers- I'd suggest McGregor, Naismith, Whittaker, Davis (all would be quality championship players)

I have felt that for the last 10ish years Rangers and Celtic would really have struggled to stay in the Premier League. I think they would be yoyo teams like Wolves, West Brom etc. Although I suppose they would be able to attract much better players if they played in England.

• 4 weeks later...
From Rangers- I'd suggest McGregor, Naismith, Whittaker, Davis (all would be quality championship players)

Been proven wrong.....3 out 4 so far gone to the Premiership. Will be interesting to see how they get on.