7 month old kitten heavily pregnant *SORTED*

magsie

I don't know much else other than the lady who has taken it in temporarily cannot keep it, she's in rented accommodation, and definitely not when it gives birth.

I'm trying all the rescues in that area but not having much luck even getting replies to phone calls/emails. Am trying Royston Animal Welfare, Cats Pro Barnsley, BARC.

Any ideas please? Am concerned that whoever takes on this kit, even in a foster capacity, will need to be experienced in the birth process, especially with one so young.

It's heartbreaking, what these cats on the streets have to endure.

oh good grief :( I hope you find someone suitable. With work I dont think it would be sensible for me to take it in in case it had complications and I was out. Poor kitten having to deal with all that at a young age :(

If you do get desperate I will happily offer my services though - but I am sure someone more suitable will pop along soon x

PS- Mr tabby still not shown his face for the last few nights despite my cooking chicken...... I will get him!!

You're so sensible, and absolutely right Sez. I remember a kit giving birth at Cat Abuse Treatment Society, when Jackie took her in. I will never forget the look of fear in the kitten's eyes when she was giving birth. How could she possibly have understood what was happening to her. Poor things, it's bad enough adult females being got at by toms, kittens on the streets must be terrified.

Am hoping that a Barnsley rescue will come back to me today but am not holding my breath. Most rescues are now just ansaphones, not taking anything in. Sad world for unwanted cats.

Great news. Barnsley Animal Rescue (BARC) have a cat going out on Thursday and they therefore have space for her.

Just shows the importance of networking cats that are already in rescue. Once a space is found, there's always another waiting to get in.

Thanks so much for all your offers of help.

Mod, can you change the heading please to SORTED, thanks everyone x

Great news. Barnsley Animal Rescue (BARC) have a cat going out on Thursday and they therefore have space for her.

Just shows the importance of networking cats that are already in rescue. Once a space is found, there's always another waiting to get in.

Thanks so much for all your offers of help.

Mod, can you change the heading please to SORTED, thanks everyone x

Great news :)