Muslims Slaughter "Apostate" in Tunisia

True. But orthodox Judaism does. There are various passages in both both testaments that most Christians would feel uncomfortable with.

Still does nothing to prove that Islam cannot modernise and progress.

I also don't believe the old testament is any more or less barbaric than the Koran.

I fully agree, but the point I'm making is that Christianity went against the old ways.

Remember when they tried to trick Jesus over the woman due to be stoned under Jewish law.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

He also went against many other Jewish beliefs ie "An eye for an eye".

Edited by Sidecut

I'd thought that the majority of the people that carried out the Holocaust was Christian?

Being baptised a Christian does not make what you do a Christian act.

No doubt the Yorkshire Ripper was baptised a Christian but did he murder in the name of Christianity?

I think on German soldiers belt buckles were the words when translated were something like "God be with us" would that make it that they were acting in the name of Christianity? Whereras when Muslims carry out an attrocity they cry out to Allah

Oh yes of course the reason Hitler slaughtered millions of jews was because they slaughtered millions of Kurds, Marsh Arabs, Iranians, Kuwaitis etc.

There were mass graves all over Europe full of bodies all slaughterd by the Jews.

You are pathetic.

So hitler was right was he?:loopy:

:huh: I never mentioned Hitler

Can you name the religion of the ex prime minister of this country who took us into Iraq killing thousands of Iraqi's? Is the slaughter of men, women and children a just cause because Christianity is a "just" faith?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/5373525/Tony-Blair-believed-God-wanted-him-to-go-to-war-to-fight-evil-claims-his-mentor.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/tony-blair/9265571/Tony-Blair-wanted-to-end-speech-with-God-bless-Britain.html

Edited by skinz

True. But orthodox Judaism does. There are various passages in both both testaments that most Christians would feel uncomfortable with.

Still does nothing to prove that Islam cannot modernise and progress.

I also don't believe the old testament is any more or less barbaric than the Koran.

Really? well I guess the Koran was written over what? 20/30 years? The old testament over 1000 years.

I fully agree, but the point I'm making is that Christianity went against the old ways.

Remember when they tried to trick Jesus over the woman due to be stoned under Jewish law.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

He also went against many other Jewish beliefs ie "An eye for an eye".

As many factions of modern Judaism have reformed and progressed.

Islam will too.

Really? well I guess the Koran was written over what? 20/30 years? The old testament over 1000 years.

I don't understand. Does the length of time it takes to compile the book have any bearing on how barbaric its contents are?

I have cut and pasted the following, as to provide a link would link the video.

Liberal talk show host Tawfiq Okasha recently appeared on “Egypt Today,” airing a video of Muslims slicing off a young man’s head off for the crime of apostasy — in this instance, the crime of converting to Christianity and refusing to renounce it. The video — be warned, it is immensely graphic — can be seen here (the actual execution appears from minute 1:13-4:00). For those who prefer not to view it, a summary follows:

A young man appears held down by masked men. His head is pulled back, with a knife to his throat. He does not struggle and appears resigned to his fate. Speaking in Arabic, the background speaker, or “narrator,” chants a number of Muslim prayers and supplications, mostly condemning Christianity, which, because of the Trinity, is referred to as a polytheistic faith: “Let Allah be avenged on the polytheist apostate”; “Allah empower your religion, make it victorious against the polytheists”; “Allah, defeat the infidels at the hands of the Muslims,” and “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.”

Then, to cries of “Allahu Akbar!” — Allah is greater!” — the masked man holding the knife to the apostate’s throat begins to slice away, severing the head completely after approximately one minute of graphic knife-carving, as the victim drowns in blood. Finally, the severed head is held aloft to more Islamic slogans of victory.

Visibly distraught, Tawfiq Okasha, the host, asks: “Is this Islam? Does Islam call for this? How is Islam related to this matter?. . . These are the images that are disseminated throughout the electronic media in Europe and America. . . . Can you imagine?” Then, in reference to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood and Salafis, whose political influence has grown tremendously, he asks, “How are such people supposed to govern?”

I have cut and pasted the following, as to provide a link would link the video.

<Snip>

Already been done.

By one power mad egotiscal paedophile whereas the Old Testament was a way of life and the laws that evolved spanning over a thousand years.

People today interpret the koron as Mohamed wrote it hence ther disgusting act in Tunisia.

This is how many (far more than is admitted) UK Muslims would have the UK become.

Women being shot in the middle of Sheff Wed football pitch on Saturday afternoons for being educated/wearing a Bra/ going out on their own.

Let the barbarism this poor person was victim of be a warning

Just goes to show that a lot of Muslims are as brutal as a lot of Jews Christians and atheists.

As many factions of modern Judaism have reformed and progressed.

Islam will too.

I disagree..religion is a force for evil. How many people have died because of it and how many people haven't?

Just goes to show that a lot of Muslims are as brutal as a lot of Jews Christians and atheists.

This is true..dunno why you mentioned atheists though, being as their brutality has nothing to do with them being religious.