Any 'APPS' for this?

I have an iPhone 4S and recently I have been receiving SMS from 87770. The message basically asks me to reply so that they can buy Euromillions tickets on my behalf.

I have registered for the TPS but they are still coming through.

They include a 'repy with stop' kinda closure but by doing that I am told that it acknowledges that the number is 'live' and forces more spam to come through.

So is there an App available, preferably Free to stop this, if the app works I dont mind paying for it via upgrading but not off the bat.

Thanks.

If you reply with STOP ALL and you get any messages at all, report them to OfCOM. They can and do block the short codes nationally and fine the providers for even the smallest of misdemeanours.

More details here - http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/policy/premium-rate-services/

It's the SMS's which come from actual mobile numbers / international numbers which are a pain to stop, as either they're sent on a pay-as-you-go style sim with false / no info, or faked numbers from abroad, either of which OfCOM have basically no way of dealing with. Especially if the perpertrators keep changing numbers / sims.

I don't know iPhone, but on Android I use Handcent for all my messaging needs. That has the ability to add a number to a blacklist, so while it still arrives on your phone Handcent deletes it and doesn't alert you.

Have a look at the app you are using now for blacklist options.

Hi Rich,

I looked on the store for those actual words before I posted and the only app that I saw was one called SpamDrain which is free but is apparently to prevent viruses and spam but only via email.

----

Thanks for the link Dosxuk, I will look into it.

----

DaFoot, I am not using an app right now.

Hi Rich,

I looked on the store for those actual words before I posted and the only app that I saw was one called SpamDrain which is free but is apparently to prevent viruses and spam but only via email.

Try searching for "SMS filter".

Although this page seems to think that Steve Jobs didn't like that sort of app on iPhones. (I have no idea if that's true or not.)