City dumps and tips

OLDTROUT the lads who work far sova are on strike due to closing sites blackstock were i go is now only opened 4 days a week and sova wanna use the other 3 days far trade waste more money far them is all about money and profit IT STINKS AS SHEFFIELD WIL DO VERY SOON ?

'Sova'? (still no explanation to who they are ... googled it...it's from USA, CA apparently!)

So, sova, are the lads/lasses on strike. Who closed the sites?

OLDTROUT NO NOT SOVA scc av to cut back they should not cut back on the sites keep them open do u get it now ?

Thanks beanyblade. But I still don't understand. Maybe I don't think corruptly enough?

Honestly, I know I must sound like the thickest person in Sheffield ... but this forum, for all it's faults, and trolls, is the only way I ever find out anything (important) about Sheffield.

I cancelled my delivery of the Star years ago! :)

You will never make a councillor then.:hihi:

Too much rubbish being left around sheffield. drove down deerlands ave today, and it looked like the storeroom for Cantors. beds and sofas everywhere.

But its always like that down there . :P

But its always like that down there . :P

couldnt believe it! my missus would hit the roof if I put an old mattress outside the house. I can sympathise that some people dont give a hoot about their community, but you would think the council would at least get rid of this kind of fly tip, and make every attempt to find the dumpster, which may prove difficult, but someone in the area must have seen them being dumped.

You will never make a councillor then.:hihi:

Do you know, I'm so thick, I'm not even sure what a councillor is, therefore I'm definitely not likely to be one. Should I be worried about my ignorance?

What exactly does a councillor do?

Edited by Oldtrout
Sp. actually not sure!

why is this a big concern in every ones life put it in the bin nobody gives a f--- anyhow ask JACK SCOTT what a **** from down under wish i could have a holiday like that on your money:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

couldnt believe it! my missus would hit the roof if I put an old mattress outside the house. I can sympathise that some people dont give a hoot about their community, but you would think the council would at least get rid of this kind of fly tip, and make every attempt to find the dumpster, which may prove difficult, but someone in the area must have seen them being dumped.

The probelm is caused by the council and their buddies at Veoila refusing to let large vans into the dumps. They are cutting off the only legitimate way some people have of disposing of rubbish.

The probelm is caused by the council and their buddies at Veoila refusing to let large vans into the dumps. They are cutting off the only legitimate way some people have of disposing of rubbish.

Wrong again! Why don't you get the facts straight before posting? You can get into CA sites with a van if you get a pass/tickets from the council. It probably doesn't apply to sign written vans as this is likely to be trade waste. We had a large vehicle and got a pass which limited us to so many visits a year. You can always pay for a bulky/oversize collection if you can't take the waste yourself.

The ban on vans is desigend to protect householders from having to pay for trade waste to be diposed of via our council tax.

Went to Blackstock rd tip today and it was closed, only open mon, fri, sat. So had to drive all the way to Beighton, don`t the council realise that they are just inviting fly-tipping on a large scale !

After taking some unwanted furniture to the St Lukes shop at Gleadless town end, they informed me that they didn't accept furniture or electrical items and proceeded to pick through the boxes deciding what they wanted and what they didn't. I decided to dispose of the remainder at Blackstock Road Recycling depot, finding it closed due to industrial action a sign informed me that the nearest recycling depot was at Woodhouse, to be confronted by pickets at the entrance. In total I did around 20 miles to dispose of my unwanted items. Although I would never fly tip I can see why people are resorting to this. If Veolia come to fetch unwanted items they charge £38 but amazingly free to council house tenants ... unbelievable!!

Wrong again! Why don't you get the facts straight before posting? You can get into CA sites with a van if you get a pass/tickets from the council. It probably doesn't apply to sign written vans as this is likely to be trade waste. We had a large vehicle and got a pass which limited us to so many visits a year. You can always pay for a bulky/oversize collection if you can't take the waste yourself.

The ban on vans is desigend to protect householders from having to pay for trade waste to be diposed of via our council tax.

Someone told me yesterday that they cannot take their rubbish to tip in their car sized pickup now, they will have to book it in, is that for the same reason?