City dumps and tips

Yet the ones that are on strike ARE working the weekends :suspect:

They have been on strike all weekend, then came back to work today, and now back on strike for rest of the week, then back at work Saturday :hihi::hihi: Don't know what they expect to gain from this. As it's the Council who sub-contract to Veolia and Veolia sub-contract to SOVA!!

Builders are being strangled by red tape and petty rules and regs. Its all a money making scam ,trying to force people into buying licences just to dispose of rubbish. Then there are the obscene tipping charges ( although i dont blame the waste transfer stations for this ,as its obscene amounts of tax making up the charges).

I agree. Every which way you turn these days needs a card or a licence for something. People need protecting from cowboys for sure, but over the years the whole industry has gone mad. There always seems to be someone needing a cut for doing very little.

They even closed early Monday as the football were on!

the workers at tips and dumps have lost 10/15hours aweek ! This is there 3rd cutt I'n hours and pay I'n two years, the tips used to be open from 8am/ until 19.30pm 7 days a week a service we the tax payer pay for , the workers are on the min wage and don't get extra for weekends , they are fighting for the public as well , I went to shirecliffe today it took over a hour to get I'n because it opens at 10am now , So I carnt even go before work the council should give us a refund for this service , and why pay two contractors to run the sites sova who run the sites take all the profit not the council so the money is there if I was the council i would take it back I'n house and save money it's easy.

and why pay two contractors to run the sites sova who run the sites take all the profit not the council so the money is there if I was the council i would take it back I'n house and save money it's easy.

Exactly . If the council cut out all the middle men who are creaming off the profits for the waste recycled and sold on ,then that money would more than cover the running of the dump it sites 7 days a week. But that is too simple for the council who dont want to upset their friends at Veoila and sova .

Exactly . If the council cut out all the middle men who are creaming off the profits for the waste recycled and sold on ,then that money would more than cover the running of the dump it sites 7 days a week. But that is too simple for the council who dont want to upset their friends at Veoila and sova .

Yes, but the problem is with the council privatising the waste service with a 35-year contract to Veolia. There's meant to be a demo in town at about 12.30 today about it and it's on the council agenda too.

35 years is such a long time! So much can change in the waste industry to make things cheaper or more expensive to run even in a 5 year period. I can understand the need for a long contract if capital investment is involved in the incinerator but surely 10 years would have been long enough?

I agree. Every which way you turn these days needs a card or a licence for something. People need protecting from cowboys for sure, but over the years the whole industry has gone mad. There always seems to be someone needing a cut for doing very little.

Would 10p per day or less for your licence cause you a problem?

I went to the Shirecliffe one today and there was huge queues, I would have fly tipped them but my dad found some space in his and three of his neighbours bins.

Ha Ha Ha!!!

Nice one AJ :D:D

I just called at Blackstock with a carful from my old mums, it was shut when I got there (cold have sworn it was closed mon, tues and wednesday:confused: )

I'll have to drop it in tomozz now :suspect:

Biggsy :)

Yep, Blackstock closed today (Fri). Car was full to bursting with garden rubbish so had to go to Beighton. Don't fancy the queues tomorrow at Blackstock.

Would 10p per day or less for your licence cause you a problem?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was referring to the building trade in general. I don't carry waste myself as I use skips for larger projects or a licensed rubbish remover for smaller ones.

Anyone know whether Blackstock will actually open today?

Been on the Veola website and according to them it should have been open yesterday so I don't hold much hope today:(

Looks like only the Longley Ave site is open at the weekends now :(

Car stinks now being left loaded up overnight :hihi:

Cheers, Biggsy :)

Edited by biggsy