City dumps and tips

Veolia av the contract from the council and veolia sub it to sova veolia and sova make **** loads of money from the sites ........

I believe Veolia and the Council get any revenue from the sale of recyclables.

SOVA just get their fee from Veolia after Veolia have taken their cut from the Council Contract.

Thanks beanyblade for trying to explain. Sorry, I still don't understand.

Thanks cgksheff for elaborating. Sorry, I still don't understand.

I really would appreciate someone answering my questions, point by point.

The man in charge of sova worked far veolia if u read between the lines does that tell u anythink ?

The man in charge of sova worked far veolia if u read between the lines does that tell u anythink ?

Why should sova take all the money from the sale of the recyclables ? it should be put back I'n to the running of the sites and to reduce the council tax after all it's our service and our recyclables, the council should run the sites and all the money they make put back into the pot for the Sheffield tax payer.!

Thanks beanyblade. But I still don't understand. Maybe I don't think corruptly enough?

Honestly, I know I must sound like the thickest person in Sheffield ... but this forum, for all it's faults, and trolls, is the only way I ever find out anything (important) about Sheffield.

I cancelled my delivery of the Star years ago! :)

Drew42 u are bang right why shud we the public suffer i say get behind the lads on strike and get them open seven days a week so we can go to the tip wen we want not wen they want us to

Ha Ha Ha!!!

Nice one AJ :D:D

I just called at Blackstock with a carful from my old mums, it was shut when I got there (cold have sworn it was closed mon, tues and wednesday:confused: )

I'll have to drop it in tomozz now :suspect:

Biggsy :)

I was only dumping grass and hedge cuttings though Biggsy, wouldn't fly tipping that be good for the environment :hihi:

Fly tipping sheffield here we come gunna happen ?

Too much rubbish being left around sheffield. drove down deerlands ave today, and it looked like the storeroom for Cantors. beds and sofas everywhere. the council need to improve their streetforce team to look more closely.

Drew42 u are bang right why shud we the public suffer i say get behind the lads on strike and get them open seven days a week so we can go to the tip wen we want not wen they want us to

But who exactly is on strike?

We do need the tips open 7 days a week and stop all the fly tipping ?

OLDTROUT the lads who work far sova are on strike due to closing sites blackstock were i go is now only opened 4 days a week and sova wanna use the other 3 days far trade waste more money far them is all about money and profit IT STINKS AS SHEFFIELD WIL DO VERY SOON ?