Unemployed bussed in to steward river pageant

Dunno. I have taken time off work to volunteer to steward at events before. Used my own annual leave, UNPAID, no subsidy from the state.

The sooner the long term habitual jobless realise that it is up to them to go out and make the effort to find work because work will not necessarily come to them, the better. Though I do not agree with bussing them in to make them sleep on the streets the night before. Digs should have been provided. Now they have shown some effort and willing though, next time there is a profit making event like a concert, they may get a call for proper paid work. Getting your foot in the door is always half the battle to employment, these 30 people have just done that.

--

Rubbish. The long term jobless don't need to be made into slaves!

...they WOULDNT get these layabouts to work and their ideas fall flat

Didn't you also say

maybe a lot of em are looking for work, dying to work and couldve done with "real" paid work instead of being humiliated with a charade?

So what are they? Layabouts or looking for work?

i think with most of these government schemes theres one way of saying how it works and one how it actually works

i think generally there is a bit of coertion, otherwise they WOULDNT get these layabouts to work and their ideas fall flat

Were they ALL layabouts? Every one of them? Or are you just using generalisations?

I would like to know the situations of the individuals and the terms they were presented with.

Can you imagine the stress of being unemploied, long term, pulling your hair out looking for suitable employment, then you get told you are spending the bank holiday in smoggy London, against your will?!?

A loophole to slavery, that's all it is!!

maybe a lot of em are looking for work, dying to work and couldve done with "real" paid work instead of being humiliated with a charade?

And this is a positive step in them obtaining the qualifications necessary.

Rubbish. The long term jobless don't need to be made into slaves!

Why not? it worked years ago.

Didn't you also say

So what are they? Layabouts or looking for work?

Were they ALL layabouts? Every one of them? Or are you just using generalisations?

sigh NO i used layabouts as a term BECAUSE there is some unemployed that want to work and WE ALL KNOW theres some that use the system so they dont have to work (layabouts)

both posts were about different sets of the unemployed

generally these types of scheme are aimed at the layabouts, the ones that dont or wont work

the ones that want to work generally do go looking for work and in a lot of cases DO find work themselves.

but im pretty sure the interview process for this scheme didnt include the question "do you actually want to work?"

Ugh, some people are just never satisfied! :loopy:

People on here complain about the unemployed not doing anything, here they are doing something and you're still complaining? I don't get it?! :confused:

And this is a positive step in them obtaining the qualifications necessary.

do you know what?

ive done all this in my time

ive done the schemes

and had the help

ive done the training

done voluntary work

and you know what

they dont actually class it as work in the real world, your still unemployed, it doesnt help you at all

Ugh, some people are just never satisfied! :loopy:

People on here complain about the unemployed not doing anything, here they are doing something and you're still complaining? I don't get it?! :confused:

Would you have been happy to do this for just your benefit money Rich?

Anything for the Royals, in fact I would have even accepted sacrifices of the unemployed for the titillation of her majesty.

2 things:

I do not live in London, and despite the rantings of the Daily Fail readers on here, I am entitled to every penny the government gives me, as I have disabilities which according to government Doctors, render me too disabled to work.

Do you see?

2 things:

I do not live in London, and despite the rantings of the Daily Fail readers on here, I am entitled to every penny the government gives me, as I have disabilities which according to government Doctors, render me too disabled to work.

Do you see?

2 things:

None of these people live in London, they were bussed in from other cities.

I am not disputing your entitlement to any benefits, neither am I disputing the entitlement of any of the persons involved. I am merely asking a question of you. I shall ask again:

Do you see?