Problematic Neighbour

The problem with society these days is it's litigious nature, no one is bothered about the moral issues of their life or they impact on each other,just what they can and can't legally do.

Do items burned in an incinerator drum count as a bonfire?

No!

Stay within the law. Gather video evidence and keep complaining,

No!

Take the bat and make yourself known.

Check to see if they prepare their fire in advance, if they do then sneak over the night before and cram their fire with things like camping gas aerosols and hilti gun cartridges, please film it for youtube.

The problem with society these days is it's litigious nature, no one is bothered about the moral issues of their life or they impact on each other,just what they can and can't legally do.

Boy, isn't this the truth. Who cares anymore about being considerate of others? The law says I can do this and the neighbors can just suck it.

To the OP, maybe let them know (politely, heh) that the smoke carries to your yard and is ruining your enjoyment of your property? Maybe they don't realize what a nuisance they're being.

Failing that, can you call the local fire department's non emergency number and express your (fake) concern? Tell 'em you smell smoke and you're worried about your neighbor. I used to do this to our curmudgeonly neighbor who regularly ignored 'no burn' days and burned the most vile smelling crap in his fireplace, polluting the entire neighborhood.

Edited by Sierra

Boy, isn't this the truth. Who cares anymore about being considerate of others? The law says I can do this and the neighbors can just suck it.

To the OP, maybe let them know (politely, heh) that the smoke carries to your yard and is ruining your enjoyment of your property? Maybe they don't realize what a nuisance they're being.

Failing that, can you call the local fire department's non emergency number and express your (fake) concern? Tell 'em you smell smoke and you're worried about your neighbor. I used to do this to our curmudgeonly neighbor who regularly ignored 'no burn' days and burned the most vile smelling crap in his fireplace and polluted the entire neighborhood.

*Whoops, sorry. See you've already tried to talk to them with no result. What else is new. Well then, all's fair in love and war.*

Check to see if they prepare their fire in advance, if they do then sneak over the night before and cram their fire with things like camping gas aerosols and hilti gun cartridges, please film it for youtube.

:hihi::thumbsup::hihi::thumbsup::hihi::thumbsup:Best idea yet!:hihi::thumbsup:

Thanks for the help guys.

Although I'll go the legal route first I do like AJ's plan and since I'm an avid camper I always have a stock of camping gas aerosols ready for the camping stove. In fact you've just reminded me that I need more, I'm down to my last half dozen.