BASIC laser printer suggestions

Janus

Getting a bit fed up with inkjet/bubble jet printers now.

I am feeling that it is time to move to a laser printer. I only need to print black&white (not sure if that is what mono refers to)? Which brand tends to be reliable these days? I only print about 12 documents per month, so only light use really.

I would go for this, Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-HL-2130-Mono-Laser-Printer/dp/B004R5AU1S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338821623&sr=8-1

and yes Mono means Black & White.

Hope that helps. :)

I tired that one, i wasnt impressed so i went for a Brother 2035 mono laser.

I got two extra toners with it too and had it a while.

Must have printed 500 pages at least and im STILL using the toner that came pre installed and havent touched the new ones yet.

IIRC cost me about 80 quid.

Extra toner was about 23 quid per cart.

Might be better sticking with your inkjet if they're short documents. Lasers are better if you print a lot, as the consumables last longer so the running costs work out lower in the long run, but the printers cost more too. HP make some good reliable printers.

Might be better sticking with your inkjet if they're short documents. Lasers are better if you print a lot, as the consumables last longer so the running costs work out lower in the long run, but the printers cost more too. HP make some good reliable printers.

Using an inkjet infrequently means you end up using much of your ink doing head cleaning cycles - which bumps up the effective cost of consumables considerably. You don't get that problem with lasers - nor do you have to wait for a head cleaning cycle to finish when you only want to print a couple of pages.