No Micah Richards

And yet he still ignores Rio, & calls up another Liverpool player, it's laughable, I'll lay money if Terry had been injured & pulled out then Rio would have been called up. It is diabolical Rio is being used as a pawn & Terry's inclusion just continues to show the lack of respect to black players.:loopy::rant:

His Man Utd manager Ferguson doesn't believe that Rio's fitness is up playing the amount of games in the short period during the tournament, it's reported that he hasn't been training since Christmas due to a painful back problem.

How is Rio being used as a pawn?

How is Terry's inclusion showing a lack of respect to black players?

It has been suggested (I suspect it isn't true, myself) that Ferdinand's omission is solely because Terry stands accused of racially abusing his brother Anton. If that is true, and Rio's omission is on political grounds, it would be reasonable to call him a pawn.

Selecting someone who is awaiting trial might not be the best idea, regardless of what charge, but he is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

It has been suggested (I suspect it isn't true, myself) that Ferdinand's omission is solely because Terry stands accused of racially abusing his brother Anton. If that is true, and Rio's omission is on political grounds, it would be reasonable to call him a pawn.

As has been said by the person who picked the team, it was due to footballing reasons.

So anything else would be second guessing.

Selecting someone who is awaiting trial might not be the best idea, regardless of what charge, but he is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

No supposed about it, he is innocent till proven guilty.

How is Rio being used as a pawn?

How is Terry's inclusion showing a lack of respect to black players?

I feel he's not being picked as Terry in team, and cannot be seen to cause any upset, so he's an unwilling pawn.

Ok not all black players just Ferdinand if you want me to be pedantic, answer me a question if you'd have said what was said, would your trial have been put off till say, you'd been to Magaluf. NO.

Ok not all black players just Ferdinand if you want me to be pedantic, answer me a question if you'd have said what was said, would your trial have been put off till say, you'd been to Magaluf. NO.

Why ask a question if you're going to answer it for someone?

You're probably right though... the trial has been delayed.

However, he is currently innocent. The courts will decide what is what.

Why ask a question if you're going to answer it for someone?

You're probably right though... the trial has been delayed.

However, he is currently innocent. The courts will decide what is what.

I hope so Robbie I hope justice is served, let us see, tbh I'm more interested in S2 than England.

What has struck me over recent day's is the total disrespect for the younger players who have been picked in place of the injured players, it wasn't so long ago everyone was shouting from the rooftops asking for the youngsters to get a chance, here it is get behind them for goodness sake...

You're right, it's 6 Liverpool players from the weakest Liverpool team in living memory. It does not bode well.

The joke doing the rounds is, with so many Liverpool players, England will field the Brookside XI, and in a group of 4, come 8th!

Of course the main tactic, maybe to do a Greece or Italy. Don`t let any goals in, and nick a goal.

Englands last 5 wins I think it is maybe 6 have all been 1-0 wins...

And yet he still ignores Rio, & calls up another Liverpool player, it's laughable, I'll lay money if Terry had been injured & pulled out then Rio would have been called up. It is diabolical Rio is being used as a pawn & Terry's inclusion just continues to show the lack of respect to black players.:loopy::rant:

Ferguson didn`t help Rio`s case by saying that he played a lot of games injured, and that his ongoing injuries wouldn`t let him play too many games close together in the Euros. More mind games from Ferguson? Extending his Man U shelf life? After all the injuries lately ,you can`t blame Hodgson for picking younger, healthier players. Also bear in mind, he`s got one eye on the future, with the world cup 2 years away.

Englands last 5 wins I think it is maybe 6 have all been 1-0 wins...

during most of Englands games their 12th player (postncrossbar) have been outstanding:D

Ferguson didn`t help Rio`s case by saying that he played a lot of games injured, and that his ongoing injuries wouldn`t let him play too many games close together in the Euros. More mind games from Ferguson? Extending his Man U shelf life? After all the injuries lately ,you can`t blame Hodgson for picking younger, healthier players. Also bear in mind, he`s got one eye on the future, with the world cup 2 years away.

There's always a tournament 2 years away.

If he flops, he probably won't see the World Cup anyway.