Whats wrong with this MoBo..

this is incorrect as most mobo's may produce 12 beeps or continuous beeping if there is no memory inserted into the board depending on the bios.

My post was correct, if the board won't post, but removing memory brings on beeps, then it's recognising the memory is missing a mobo will not post without memory, so as long as no physical defects are present and wih the fault finding steps the op has done and the mobo recognising memory missing when its pulled, it points to an issue with the memory. My suggestion would be to try some known working compatible memory.

As has already been posted the op is using incompatible memory.

Edited by Bonjon

Great, just what I dont need to hear, anyone got a stick or 2 of PC2 6400 DDR2 800MHz I can use to test it?

Dont really want to fork out another £20-£25 on top of what I've already paid out for the MoBo, just to find out its totaly s hagged and of no use. :mad:

I dont have money to burn ya know!! lol :hihi:

My post was correct, if the board won't post, but removing memory brings on beeps, then it's recognising the memory is missing a mobo will not post without memory, so as long as no physical defects are present and wih the fault finding steps the op has done and the mobo recognising memory missing when its pulled, it points to an issue with the memory. My suggestion would be to try some known working compatible memory.

As has already been posted the op is using incompatible memory.

i misread your post - my apologies - had a bad day yesterday

Great, just what I dont need to hear, anyone got a stick or 2 of PC2 6400 DDR2 800MHz I can use to test it?

Dont really want to fork out another £20-£25 on top of what I've already paid out for the MoBo, just to find out its totaly s hagged and of no use. :mad:

I can take a stick out of my machine for you to test with.

Im using the thing now so i know both sticks work.

Ill hang around for a bit give you chance to see this and reply.

Edit..Just checked which ram i have.

PC2 8500. Can you still test with this or does it need to be 6400?

I've got 3x 1GB DDR2 800 sticks spare (due to go on ebay), 2nd hand, working, Kingston, 240pin dimm for desktops. £4 each, all 3 for £10.

I can take a stick out of my machine for you to test with.

Im using the thing now so i know both sticks work.

Ill hang around for a bit give you chance to see this and reply.

Edit..Just checked which ram i have.

PC2 8500. Can you still test with this or does it need to be 6400?

TBH, I have no idea if I can use 8500.

Dual-Channel Memory architecture

4 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support up to 8 GB unbuffered non-ECC DDR2 667/533 MHz memory modules

according to the mobo manual

I've got 3x 1GB DDR2 800 sticks spare (due to go on ebay), 2nd hand, working, Kingston, 240pin dimm for desktops. £4 each, all 3 for £10.

Oh PANTS, an I've just bought 2 gig off ebay for £14!! :mad::mad:

TBH, I have no idea if I can use 8500.

Dual-Channel Memory architecture

4 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support up to 8 GB unbuffered non-ECC DDR2 667/533 MHz memory modules

according to the mobo manual

You can use faster speed ram than your motherboard supports & it should run at a lower speed (whatever the max for your motherboard is). You can't use slower speed ram than the slowest speed that your motherboard supports.

Update as soon as my Ram comes, just ordered and paid for it about half hour before anywebsite said he had ssome, I wish I'd have known that before, I could have had 3 Gig for less than what I've just forked out for 2!

Soon as it come and I've plonked it in, I'll let you'se all know how it goes!!

processor my did it before

Seems it had the wrong Ram installed, my 2 Gig arrived this morning, popped it in, and it booted up ok, got to the post screen, got into Bios, everything seems ok, just need to connect a cdrom or a (dvd rom!) and get a hard drive for it, install an operating system, get a decent graphics card, its only got a MEGA -POOR 32mb one in at the moment, so am now on the lookout for a 512MB PCI-E graphics card!:hihi:

get a new backplate and rear cover back panel slot covers, a decent case to pop it all into, and hey ho, another PC for sale, DUAL CORE!! :hihi::hihi:

ANYONE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE PARTS? :help: