The Queen, God Bless Her

It is a process, the Good Friday agreement was a huge step forward, the Queens visit, confirmed and substantiated the progress made.

From the perspective of an irish republican which British Politician could have made such an impact?

PS I am a he.

Hmm that's interesting why did I think you were female :huh:

You really should study history a bit, amongst others we got rid of Charles 1st, James 2nd, also Edward 8th (had to put his arm up his back).

Parliament runs this country, the Monarchy is the figurehead. The partnership goes back a few centuries and although not perfect works pretty well.

If we get a bad un, we get rid of them. Elizabeth has been perfect. If every body had done thier job as good as her we would be the richest country in the world.

Be fair, she hasnt put a foot wrong.

Of course she has put a foot wrong .She wouldn't be human if she hadn't made a mistake in 60 years .She has a very good publicity machine that makes sure the public only hear the positives. I find it incredulous that in the 21st century we are still believe in this fairytale nonsense.Do we realy still believe in the divine right of Kings (or Queens) ?

Of course she has put a foot wrong .She wouldn't be human if she hadn't made a mistake in 60 years .She has a very good publicity machine that makes sure the public only hear the positives. I find it incredulous that in the 21st century we are still believe in this fairytale nonsense.Do we realy still believe in the divine right of Kings (or Queens) ?

Yes sorry to upset you again,but the majority of us do, thats why we have still got the monarchy,and long may that remain.

People may envy or knock her role and question what she does, but can you imagine a lifetime where your choices are so limited ? Yes she may have travelled the world and been waited on but she has had to endure a lifetime of pomp and ceremony, shaking hands, waving and speeches ...... is that really so enviable :huh:

Not forgetting some of the things she has to eat or drink:gag:

Look's like she's proper let her hair down look at my avatar lmao...

Its not about the divine right at all, its about whats right for the country. The monarchy makes us unique, we should cherish it.

PS name the mistake?

Hmm that's interesting why did I think you were female :huh:

Well, youve not been right about much else, why spoil your record?

Well, youve not been right about much else, why spoil your record?

Your best post of the day, well done :clap:

Your best post of the day, well done :clap:

Thanks, Im glad you are reading them and therefore benefitting.

Yes sorry to upset you again,but the majority of us do, thats why we have still got the monarchy,and long may that remain.

Please explain why you want an unelected blood-line monarchy to remain. I really would like to try and understand.

Its not about the divine right at all, its about whats right for the country. The monarchy makes us unique, we should cherish it.

PS name the mistake?

The Tories are all about self preservation, and not keeping things going with tax payers money; how do you square this with cherishing the monarchy??

Please explain why you want an unelected blood-line monarchy to remain. I really would like to try and understand.

Please read my posts above. All comprehensively explained.