Wild garlic anyone?

I went in Canklow woods yesterday and there are some information boards up explaining the habitat & history of the woods.

Apparently wild garlic grows there. I like garlic. I`ve just been looking online and I think the wild garlic peaks in April. Does anyone know different? Does anyone else go picking it in other areas? I`d like to did some up and put it in the garden maybe.

It is still flowering now, but it has been late this spring, you'll need a shady spot if you are going to grow it in your garden though.

I have used it in the past along with lots of other wild herbs, the Ramsons are great because you can use the whole plant, bulbs stems and leaves.

Wild garlic does peak around April / May time, I have some in m garden and have been harvesting it for a good few weeks now. Technically speaking I don't think you are supposed to dig wild garlic up, personally I believe that if you take just as much as you need, picking a few bits from different clumps, be respectful and make sure you replant as soon as possible then that is fine. Anyone disagree's with me I've heard it all before and still wont change my mind, wild food is for everyone if you follow a few simple rules.

Wild garlic grows in full sun , shade and semi shade in my garden - it can be a little thug! If anyone wants any I will dig up a clump for them - not sure when the best time to do that is- probably now as it is just finishing so is "in the green" I am S11 and work from home most days.