Williamson Hardware in Broomhill threatened

There are currently 2 rubbish small supermarkets in Broomhill (Savers or whatever it's called is even worse than the Spar!). If a Sainsbury's opens the rubbish supermarkets will go bust, so then we will have 2 empty units and a Sainsbury's where a good shop like Williamsons was:(

Can't Sainsbury's force the rubbish 'Savers' out so we keep Williamsons and have a half decent convenience store:hihi: No one would miss Savers

pfifes

SAvers has been for sale for over 12 months, so presumably Sainsburys are not interested in that as site, it is a bit out of the way with poor parking

But there is something magically wonderful about the way that you will always find what you need in Williamson Hardware.

Is there anything that you can get at Williamsons that is not available at other shops in Sheffield?

Is there anything that you can get at Williamsons that is not available at other shops in Sheffield?

Great service

Is there anything that Sainsbury's want to sell that you cannot already get at the supermarket next door?

pfifes

SAvers has been for sale for over 12 months, so presumably Sainsburys are not interested in that as site, it is a bit out of the way with poor parking

I hadn't noticed it was for sale. It is only about a 30 second walk though from the Williamsons site, vitually just across the road, so I wouldn't say it 'out of the way'. I wouldn't say parking for Williamsons was much better either - you either have to queue for a space directly outside the shops or use the roof top Excel place:roll: And on street parking is about the same for both areas.

I would find a decent small supermarket such as Sainsburys in Broomhill useful but I don't want it so much that independent stores get booted out!

Is there anything that Sainsbury's want to sell that you cannot already get at the supermarket next door?

I never claimed there was. I was responding to a comment which was implying Williamsons is something special.

Great service

So its the ONE shop in Sheffield with great service, is it?

So its the ONE shop in Sheffield with great service, is it?

There aren't many stores where people care about what they sell, the ones that do are mainly independant traders with an interest in what they sell

I hadn't noticed it was for sale. It is only about a 30 second walk though from the Williamsons site, vitually just across the road, so I wouldn't say it 'out of the way'. I wouldn't say parking for Williamsons was much better either - you either have to queue for a space directly outside the shops or use the roof top Excel place:roll: And on street parking is about the same for both areas.

I would find a decent small supermarket such as Sainsburys in Broomhill useful but I don't want it so much that independent stores get booted out!

I dont think there is a for-sale sign but I came accross it whilst looking for a business to buy.

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/Large-Leasehold-Convenience-Store-In-Sheffield-For-Sale.aspx

As for parking, try carrying shopping whilst holding on to children and crossing the roads to get to Savers, I have never had a problem parking up on the roof of the shops and getting a lift up and down.

If Savers had been a good site it would not have been turned down by Tesco Express when Netto (i think) pulled out and prior to the unit at the end being split off into a hair dresser.

Edited by scargill

I never claimed there was. I was responding to a comment which was implying Williamsons is something special.

It is. Do you shop there?

It is. Do you shop there?

I used to when I lived locally and would walk there, and I liked it. But I would still say it's nothing special. It is still my nearest shop for "that sort of stuff", but is now a drive away. If I'm driving, then I wouldn't bother driving and parking in Broomhill just to go to Williamsons. Since moving away from Broomhill, about 10 years ago, I've probably been in half a dozen times at most, and then it would be along with some other reason to be in Broomhill.

It's a nice enough shop, better than most, but doesn't justify some of the hyperbole seen on here.