Facebook free advertising help needed

How would you like to help a small business?

Facebook is offering free add space to new business, to qualify we need more people to like our facebook page. Please would you visit our page and click the like button so we can take advantage of this offer? We will of course reciprocate by liking your page.

The page is at the link below

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sevenhills-First-Aid/146881232047413

Thank you

The link to the information is below

http://www.startups.co.uk/facebook-launches-free-ad-scheme-for-small-businesses.html

This isn't any different to the plentiful available free £50 or £75 adword vouchers. Don't be fooled by £20 or £60 of credit.

Free credit is good, can't complain about free stuff. Shouldn't turn down free advertising opportunities.

It's a bit different to AdWords, because it's Facebook rather than Google, so you can use both free credit vouchers (they're usually just once for new customers).

It gives you a trial run to see if that type of advertising is likely to work for you.

It's the fact that the "free" £20 credt leads people to start spending more that doesn't bring a ROI. Like Adwords, £20 of credit, or even £60, will prove diddly squat in terms of working out if it will be a good advertising medum for one's business. £20 of ads on Facebook as a trial? Seriously?

i'll be honest. We got a free £30 or £50 credit on facebook and used it when we launched and it proved VERY sucessful for us. BUT our business is all about subscribers, so I doubt it would work for every business.

As said though, it is free and you can gauge if it will work for your business or not. You don't have to spend more than the amount if you dont have too.

i'll be honest. We got a free £30 or £50 credit on facebook and used it when we launched and it proved VERY sucessful for us. BUT our business is all about subscribers, so I doubt it would work for every business.

In what way successful? ie Your free £50 voucher brought you how much ROI in ££ - or are you saying it got you mor sign ups so there was no purchase involved in that ROI?

All I am saying is that far too many people get caught up wth the free vouchers, end up spending more than the free amount, and get little or no return on their spend. For various reasons of course.

Many thanks to those who have already “liked” my page, I do agree the temptation is to spend more money, if it works and I get customers I will. It is going to cost me nothing to try and I like that price.

I already have a free Adwords campaign

In what way successful? ie Your free £50 voucher brought you how much ROI in ££ - or are you saying it got you mor sign ups so there was no purchase involved in that ROI?

All I am saying is that far too many people get caught up wth the free vouchers, end up spending more than the free amount, and get little or no return on their spend. For various reasons of course.

From memory Sandra, we had a few purchases and loads of sign ups, probably about 4 times as many on a normal day. I think we used around £30 of the voucher that day.

I think people are always wary of vouchers, but its a good way to check if that advertising is good for you. You can put a £50 limit on it, so you don't spend more. If you want to spend more you can always do that.

For us, it worked. BUT I can see it wouldn't for every business.

I know GM pulled their advertising spend..... BUT theirs is selling Cars... I dont think they necessarily need to pump it into facebook.

It's not that I don't think anything is worth trying, but the fact the voucher is £20 cannot seriosuly touch the sides of trialling any serious marketing campaign. I mean, seriously, when you consider what else we spend twenty quid on, like a chinese and a bottle of wine, or a short trip to tesco express, or a quick round in kfc, then £20 is not any kind of spend to be taken seriously when it's for your business - assuming it's your livelyhood not a hobby type of business of course.