Help installing Phone sockets

• 5 weeks later...

I'll rephrase my previous post, if you would like an extension running correctly without the use of the cheap tin cable commonly found at places such as Argos and B&Q, and not compromising your broadband connection stability give me a call.

If you feel you want to 'give it a crack' yourself, check that the cable you're being sold is SOLID copper, and when you connect to any existing extension sockets IDC it would be advised you use a proper krone punch down tool (the small plastic ones are prone to destroy the connectors, rendering the new socket unusable).

Every joint you make in a telephone cable causes deterioration in the quality of the ADSL signal, so consider what you already have in place before adding a shoe-string type extension to your network.

Lastly, make sure you don't short the line, if the exchange flips out because of your DIY attempt you'll be looking at a £120 call out from BTOpenreach.

Around 15% of my calls are where someone has 'given it a go', and found themselves with with crackly lines, low internet speed and unsightly cables around the house.

With a lot of people virtually running their lives online now a good quality internet state usually plays a big part too.

I'll rephrase my previous post, if you would like an extension running correctly without the use of the cheap tin cable commonly found at places such as Argos and B&Q, and not compromising your broadband connection stability give me a call.

If you feel you want to 'give it a crack' yourself, check that the cable you're being sold is SOLID copper, and when you connect to any existing extension sockets IDC it would be advised you use a proper krone punch down tool (the small plastic ones are prone to destroy the connectors, rendering the new socket unusable).

Every joint you make in a telephone cable causes deterioration in the quality of the ADSL signal, so consider what you already have in place before adding a shoe-string type extension to your network.

Lastly, make sure you don't short the line, if the exchange flips out because of your DIY attempt you'll be looking at a £120 call out from BTOpenreach.

Around 15% of my calls are where someone has 'given it a go', and found themselves with with crackly lines, low internet speed and unsightly cables around the house.

With a lot of people virtually running their lives online now a good quality internet state usually plays a big part too.

Calm down dear, its only a commercial. :D:hihi:

Me thinks someone is touting for business.:D Forget all this waffle, its easy to do. Save your money and do it yourself