Large Study Desk - Egger Eurolight

I am wanting to have a large bespoke study desk created. Although it will be a bespoke desk, it will also be very simple - basically a desk area (hopefully resting on battens across three walls - if possible) with some holes for cable grommets.

I have had this done before in 25mm thick veneered chipboard and the result was fine (although it was a challenge to find 25mm iron-on edging). Anyway, this time I would like to have something that appears (and hopefully is) more sturdy, so I have been looking at Egger's Eurolight board.

http://www.ribaproductselector.com/Product.aspx?ci=2687&pr=Egger-EUROLIGHT

Which, as it says, it low weight, high strength - but I think it also would look the business with it having a thickness of 50mm, giving it that chunky look

If any Joiner reads this and would like to quote for it, I would be happy to receive a PM. I have all the measurements.

Of course, also, if any Joiner reads this and would advise me to stay away from using this material for a desk, that advice would be extremely helpful as well.

Many thanks for reading.

No, it doesn't cover three walls, it's the battens that will be placed on three walls. The desk will sit on battens placed on three walls, effectively in an alcove - for good support. It will just be a normal one-wall desk, but in an area where it goes wall-to-wall.

Depending on what width & length you need you could use a flush door.Off the shelf,economical and choice of veneer finishes.

Ideally, I am looking at 850mm deep. The challenge is the length - my wall space is about 3150mm - I want to do this without supporting legs, hence the battens. The thickness of the material and its rigidity is therefore important. That's why I took a look at this Egger Eurolight stuff.

I am not sure, even if the material is considered good enough for a desk at that kind of length, whether I would still require two separate pieces - purely for logistical reasons.

That said, it doesn't have to be wall-to-wall. I could just have a good desk made from this stuff - like here - http://www.mybigdesk.com/ - which is very close to what I want - but it has the cable hole in a strange place (I think) and, of course, it's quite expensive.