What's happening at Endcliffe park today?

Hi - does anyone know what's happening in Endcliffe Park today - I drove past this morning and there was lots of stalls being put out - I can't find any info anywhere. Many thanks!

Ahhhh - just found out it's Sheffield Pride. Mystery solved!

Edited by mamasquirrel
Answered my own question :)

Hi - does anyone know what's happening in Endcliffe Park today - I drove past this morning and there was lots of stalls being put out - I can't find any info anywhere. Many thanks!

Its Sheffield Gay Pride love and I shall be toddling along there with my dog later this afternoon ...

Sheffield pride is a wonderful event and although organised and run by the gay community anyone is welcomed no matter what their sexuality. To my mind it is no different to say Notting Hill Carnival.....a chance for the community to come together and have fun.

Sheffield pride is a wonderful event and although organised and run by the gay community anyone is welcomed no matter what their sexuality. To my mind it is no different to say Notting Hill Carnival.....a chance for the community to come together and have fun.

Exactly :) my daughter is straight, as far as im aware :confused: and she is going. Its a great day out xx

The Pride celebrations (whichever City or Country they are in....they happen all over the world) came about after years of persecution, oppression and violence against LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender people).

Remember, it is not too long ago it was actually illegal to be gay. People had to hide their sexuality, live in fear and keep their private lives like some shameful secret. People have been (and still are) beaten and even killed for being gay.

This is one day a year when LGBT people can be open about their sexuality and invite all of the city to come and see that we are no different to anybody else. An opportunity for everybody to enjoy a day together and hopefully put to bed some of the old biggoted (and sometimes made up) preconceived ideas people may have about the LGBT community.

My daughter is straight but going with her gay friend ... Let them enjoy!

Why do people feel the need to say " going but she/he's straight....."

perhaps to make the point that EVERYONE is welcome :)

Just got back from a great day at Sheffield Pride. It was a great atmosphere - people dressed up in fancy costumes, families with children and not a sign of trouble

perhaps to make the point that EVERYONE is welcome :)

Spot on :) x

prolly to let the idiots on here who will whinge about none inclusion of such things to know that EVERYBODY is welcome, even tho its set up for and by "gay" people

Nice day out I (straight) went along with a friend (also straight) because we got invited by a friend (gay) so we took our dog (gay) for a walk and had a nice day out.

Got chatting to a couple of lads (gay) who were with their dog (straight). We just wish the weather was nicer.