Any Dog Safe Ways of Getting Rid of Snails In Garden (Without Pellets?)

I am very aware of the problems that snails and slugs cause dogs and since I keep my lawn fertiliser and pesticide free for my dogs safety, I would like to know if there is Any Dog Safe Ways of Getting Rid of Snails In the Garden (Without Pellets or poison?)

I am very aware of the problems that snails and slugs cause dogs and since I keep my lawn fertiliser and pesticide free for my dogs safety, I would like to know if there is Any Dog Safe Ways of Getting Rid of Snails In the Garden (Without Pellets or poison?)

An interesting question as I am also plagued by these pesky critters, but like you having dogs and cats I don't really know how to get rid of them.

I'd never heard of a beer trap before but here's a good page for info on them

http://www.urbanfoodgarden.org/main/vegetable-patch-management/pest-control/pest-control-defend-snails-b.htm

you could use this method if you could find something to put over it to stop the dogs tipping it over. or if you made the fermented sugar yourself I don't believe that would be harmful to the dog, at worst make him sick, but I dont know for sure. the vet would be able to verify if the mixture was safe i guess