Pulled the cord out..

Ok so ive managed to pull the cord out of my bathroom light switch- now im resonably diy savvy but im faced with a slight dillema,

the switch that the cord pulls from has no screws on it at all to offer any chance of either replacing the cord/switch,

any ideas what i can do to remove it as it hasent been painted over underneath but has been painted over around the sides,

hope someone can help as im either in the dark or throwing money at n-power at the moment :(

hi ring tom im sure he can help you 07912434292

i am sure that they usually unscrew, off!!!!

The whole cover should screw off and slide down the cord.

They do....

Thanks for the advice guys :) I tried that but it looks like its been sealed to the side of the wall too bizzarely:confused:

ill try and give it another good twist though.

try scoring the edge of the fitting with a very sharp blade so as to break the seal of paint against the plastic!!

yep its now twisting but as its been tiled over in the past its only twisting so far then stopping where a small hole was cut in the tile to fit around it! looks like ill have to shave some plastic off the fitting itself.

yep its now twisting but as its been tiled over in the past its only twisting so far then stopping where a small hole was cut in the tile to fit around it! looks like ill have to shave some plastic off the fitting itself.

if this the case best to carefully smash it turn fuse for upstais light of first .then replace the whole light switch you can either buy a smaller one or move it a inch into the ceiling if there is enouth wire spare.

happy to do this for you pm me for price

Thanks for the advice guys :) I tried that but it looks like its been sealed to the side of the wall too bizzarely:confused:

ill try and give it another good twist though.

I hope you havnt got a bath/sink full of water in there.:nono:

Im careful of course ;) , it came off after a good chip and bang but spent 3 hours trying to reassemble the switch as the light only then came on intermittently, must have taken a chunk of plastic out too then, now time to call the landlord!

Im careful of course ;) , it came off after a good chip and bang but spent 3 hours trying to reassemble the switch as the light only then came on intermittently, must have taken a chunk of plastic out too then, now time to call the landlord!

Well thanks for keeping us all worried for 3 hours:hihi::hihi: