Prince Andrew visiting the mosque on Wolseley Road.

Oi you leave the old girl alone, I get a lieu day for working my booked shift on Tuesday

Ah but ask yourself, am I happy because Liz's 60 yr anniversary or, the fact that you've got a lieu day (truth now) :):)

Did he visit any places of worship of other religions as well? Or was it just a move to appease the Muslim society?

I'd be more impressed to read about a Muslim leader visiting our Churches I think.

Is he the one with the ginger hair?It sounds great the muslims are prepared to give him a free tour.Can you Derby Tup name a suitable Muslim leader,other than Ali G and Bin Laden?

I'm sorry but getting excited about this bloke coming to Sheffield, wow did he come in his helicopter he uses to go golfing in. Cue the "he does lots for this country", I've got news he does nowt, that he isn't told to do.

I can never get my head round the hullabaloo that surrounds Liz & her family

+1 , bunting and pic nics for kids and weirdos

UTB

Ah but ask yourself, am I happy because Liz's 60 yr anniversary or, the fact that you've got a lieu day (truth now) :):)

I'm happy the dear has lived a long and successful reign...

...So I can have a lieu day ;)

Is he the one with the ginger hair?It sounds great the muslims are prepared to give him a free tour.Can you Derby Tup name a suitable Muslim leader,other than Ali G and Bin Laden?

The Muslims religion doesn't have one single leader do they? as the Catholics do with the Pope and the C of E do with the Archbishop of Canterbury for example.

Yes i see,and in gaining an understanding of other cultures and religions helps to break down barriers and promote better relations,which is a very good thing.

I wonder how Princess Anne would have been welcomed if she went instead.

The Muslims religion doesn't have one single leader do they? as the Catholics do with the Pope and the C of E do with the Archbishop of Canterbury for example.

As you say, various different strands of Christianity have their own different leaders, and the same is true of various different strands of Islam.

I heard Prince Andrew came and visited the big mosque on Wolseley Road earlier this week. Do you think this is a good or bad thing for the community? And reasons why you think it is a good or bad thing? I personally think it is an excellent impression on the community and the nation and was very good of him to take time out and visit a mosque. I think it is good for people to have an understanding (not from the media) of other religions and what they are about and if royalty can take time out to do that anyone can! Rather than being sat at home watching the telly and making judgements. And for Muslims to know that there are people out there that are interested in the real Islam and understanding it, and making the mosques doors more open to the public.:thumbsup:

He probably went to ask why you have to be Bangladeshi to get a job in a Bangladeshi restaurant.

I keep seeing the word British and eye sore, I personally find it a little ugly but only because its cheaply done. I'm British and Muslim and Britain is full of different faiths and colours/backgrounds etc so Britain isnt white people and beer with the odd trip to the church. this country was built by Arabs, Pakistanis, white men and black, especially after the 2nd war when most of our men didnt come home and we were seriously short on workers! So British is Muslim and mosque just like its Christian and church or atheist and no place of worship. Yeah lots of muslims here are arrogant up them selves but so is alot of the non muslims. I think the prince could have visited a better mosque tho as this one isn't liked much by Muslims lol never mind non Muslims! and i'm sure he goes to church often so its not an issue or special when he does as its a usual thing for him to do.

Also I know lots of Muslims and the mosque leaders that go to church days, Its very inter faith in my area and its nice we all get on. x

I'd rather not spend the Jubilee weekend in hospital if it's all the same. :)

Why would you expect to be hospitalised?

Now, I'm feeling a bit happier about that. I think a Monarch has to be careful not to show bias to one community group over another. I think it's very good then that he has visited the Muslim and Sikh places of worship.

but it wasn't the monarch, it was Prince Andrew. He's very unlikely to make Monarch outside the deaths (God forbid) of Charles, William and Harry.