Prince Andrew visiting the mosque on Wolseley Road.

Why don't you nip round and let them know? If you leave now, you might just catch them in time for evening prayers.

I'd rather not spend the Jubilee weekend in hospital if it's all the same. :)

I'm sorry but getting excited about this bloke coming to Sheffield, wow did he come in his helicopter he uses to go golfing in. Cue the "he does lots for this country", I've got news he does nowt, that he isn't told to do.

I can never get my head round the hullabaloo that surrounds Liz & her family

I'm sorry but getting excited about this bloke coming to Sheffield, wow did he come in his helicopter he uses to go golfing in. Cue the "he does lots for this country", I've got news he does nowt, that he isn't told to do.

I can never get my head round the hullabaloo that surrounds Liz & her family

Oi you leave the old girl alone, I get a lieu day for working my booked shift on Tuesday

I don't know that he visited the mosque, but he certainly visited Sheffield's brand new Gurdwara (Sikh Temple) as part of the opening celebrations.

Now, I'm feeling a bit happier about that. I think a Monarch has to be careful not to show bias to one community group over another. I think it's very good then that he has visited the Muslim and Sikh places of worship.

Guest sibon
I bet they darent let his dad in.

That is the first time that you have genuinely made me laugh.

I hope he told them what an eye sore it is and how out of place it is amongst a British cityscape, and that that sort of architecture (domes and minarets) belongs in the Middle East rather than imposing it on British cities.

I bet he came at a time when none of the muslims where parked everywhere illegaly as usual.

I bet he came at a time when none of the muslims where parked everywhere illegaly as usual.

wow!! you've really enlightened me with such an intellectual comment:loopy:

so you've checked every car parked illegaly belongs to a muslim, that's some statistic you've come up with:rolleyes: NOT:rant:

so you've checked every car parked illegaly belongs to a muslim, that's some statistic you've come up with:rolleyes: NOT:rant:

I think it's fairly safe to assume that every car illegally parked while its driver attends a mosque, does indeed belong to a muslim.

If the same problem occurs outside of a church during Mass, I'd guess that they all belonged to Christians. Again, I don't think I'd be very far wrong.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that every car illegally parked while its driver attends a mosque, does indeed belong to a muslim.

If the same problem occurs outside of a church during Mass, I'd guess that they all belonged to Christians. Again, I don't think I'd be very far wrong.

ASSUMPTIONS ARE BAD..... anybody parked illegaly should get a ticket whether they are attending the mosque or a church regardless... it's always the same on here..why make assumptions and why do people always have to be labelled to be doing a bad thing!!

Did he visit any places of worship of other religions as well? Or was it just a move to appease the Muslim society?

I'd be more impressed to read about a Muslim leader visiting our Churches I think.

Yes he visited a hindu and buddhist place of worship as well so dont think he just wanted to please the Muslims.

And also true, I think Muslim leaders should do similiar things.

Yes i very much agree, it is a good thing for the community.Prince Andrew isn't my favourite member of the Royal family,but i'm glad he visited the mosque.I'm not really sure what you meant by "anyone can" though and "sat at home watching the telly making judgements"

by "anyone can" i was trying to say that if a man with such high status and presumably busy lifestyle can take time out to attend a place of worship different to his own and to try to gain an understanding into what its all about then anyone else can. I think its positive for the community as it increases knowledge and understanding of different cultures/religions.

and by "sat at home watching the telly making judgements," i was talking about these people that spend a lot of time watching the news and never actually go out to see for themselves.

by "anyone can" i was trying to say that if a man with such high status and presumably busy lifestyle can take time out to attend a place of worship different to his own and to try to gain an understanding into what its all about then anyone else can. I think its positive for the community as it increases knowledge and understanding of different cultures/religions.

and by "sat at home watching the telly making judgements," i was talking about these people that spend a lot of time watching the news and never actually go out to see for themselves.

Yes i see,and in gaining an understanding of other cultures and religions helps to break down barriers and promote better relations,which is a very good thing.