How quickly can you feed change into Tesco self service tills?

Doesn't the coin thing at asda just give you a receipt to use for your shopping? Obviously without stealing any of the money you put in.

You could always buy a coin sorting machine. I've got a big laundry basket over half full of 1ps and 2ps, god knows how much is in there, couple of hundred quid at least I reckon. I'm keeping adding to it until it gets full or until they scrap copper coins, whichever happens first.

If it only contains coppers then you can simply weigh it and divide the weight (in grams) by 3.56 to give the amount in pence (as coppers are 3.56g/penny)

jb

You could always buy a coin sorting machine. I've got a big laundry basket over half full of 1ps and 2ps, god knows how much is in there, couple of hundred quid at least I reckon. I'm keeping adding to it until it gets full or until they scrap copper coins, whichever happens first.

Crikey!!...Don't laundry baskets normally have big holes in them?

Doesn't the coin thing at asda just give you a receipt to use for your shopping? Obviously without stealing any of the money you put in.

Eeeeeek!!!!..that's worse!!!!

Still takes a percentage as far as I know.

Eeeeeek!!!!..that's worse!!!!

Why? They're obviously going to be buying food if they're going to a self checkout, might as well just get a receipt from that coin one in asda. Otherwise, yes I agree its worse than taking a percentage.

It gives you a reciept that you can use for shopping or exchange for cash at the till. With the 8% taken off of course.

Maybe they should make it so you can get the full value if you use it for shopping.

Ohhh, I didn't realise it took the 8% as well! What's point in that, they'd still be getting your money for the shopping.. Hmm

When I was short on cash a while back and needed milk, I emptied my piggy bank and used the pennies in the self-service till :)

You should separate you pennies with a magnet first.

The pre-92 'coppers' are made out of copper. And are worth double face value.

Same with your 5s and 10s. The cupro-nickel coins are currently being replaced with steel ones. As nickel prices are due to rise to such a degree with the coming inflation that the metal content of the coin shall exceed the face value, the government are taking pre-emptive steps to remove the nickel from circulation.

Probably more than you think. I used to have one of them large plastic beer bottles about 3 feet high. I gradually filled it over a few years, and when it was full, I got some money bags from the bank and bagged it all up. It turned out there was over £550 in it.