Wednesday football program

mikep57

FA Cup round three Arsenal v Sheff. Wed. Filbert St. Leicester

Wed. 17th. Jan. (no year) Jack Charlton manager. Is it worth anything

or should I bin it?

Being a Blade I cannot answer that question, but why don't you put a note on the sports section or football in general, I'm certain that someone would want it :)

This match maybe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1096556/The-day-FA-Cup-stood-What-Droylsden-Chesterfield-Arsenal-Sheffield-Wednesday-Liverpool-Alvechurch-common.html

The 1979 Final was the one when Arsenal beat Manchester United 3-2, three goals in the last five minutes making everyone forget the 85 minutes of turgid despair that had preceded it.

But the Gunners were lucky to be there at all after being taken to five matches by Jack Charlton's plucky Division 3 battlers Sheffield Wednesday - who weren't even any good at the time.

And check this out for fixture congestion: The first match at Hillsborough (1-1) was on January 6, there days later the sides drew 1-1 at Highbury.

The saga then moved to Leicester City's Filbert Street where the trilogy unfolded thus: January 15 2-2, January 17 3-3, January 22 2-0 to Arsenal. Combined crowd for the five games was an estimated 47 million

jb

I remember them games yep Wednesday did well as in old 3rd division, but I doubt the combined crowd for 5 games was 47 million fella

I was there,and yes it was 47 million:hihi::hihi:you tend to forget how massive we are.