Blades rumours 2012 - summer

If cress goes to Scunny, I'd be very happy.

Not because I dislike him, but because his wages are too high.

I'd also like Monty and Quinn to leave for the same reasons.

Agreed 100% on Monty and Cresswell.

Need to keep some experience in the squad and keep as much of last years team as possible but I am willing to let Monty and cresswell leave to get the wage bill down. As for quinn I am very interested in seeing him stay and play along side the new signings. I think the likes of Cofie up front and McMahon running up the flank what with McDonald staying and stuff we now have a very attacking looking team with numerous play makers in the squad, I think should Quinn stay we could see the best of him.

I'm happy to agree with you regarding Quinn, however his wages are still unsustainable but if I was to keep any of the three, it would be Quinn .

I'm happy to agree with you regarding Quinn, however his wages are still unsustainable but if I was to keep any of the three, it would be Quinn .

Agreed, the wage bill needs to come down, but if we can hold on to Quinny, that would be ideal.

Nothing against Cresswell at all, he is a throwback to a time when players didn't fall to the floor, as if shot by a sniper, just because an opposition player slightly brushes past him, he is old-school blood and thunder and never shyed away from a head on tackle, really put his body on the line, as was proved at the end of the season when he was patched up and held together by bandages just so he could go out and play for us.

If we had the money, I would keep Cressy, have him on the bench, let the youngsters use their speed to tire out the opposition back four, then send him on with twenty minutes to go, and have him use his physicality, running into people, knocking them off the ball and generally causing mayhem, with the odd poachers goal thrown in.

Unfortunately the wage bill probably won't allow this, and so it looks like it could be goodbye.

If that is the case, thank you Richard Cresswell, for being a proper battler up front, and for giving us the cheekiest goal I can remember in years! :hihi:

Now Blackman is in he could well have the right type of players around him fingers crossed. I have always wondered how Quinny would be in an attacking team and think over the years at United his role has been more that of a full back as the ball was never really played through midfield therefore he was expected to poach around the outside of the 18 yard box but back track all of the time in a sort of wing back role.

You only have to look at his assists last year to see that he did play a massive part over the season even though he didn't particularly stand out for me. If there is a couple of things we have now they are Pace and creativity up front and in Midfield, a youngster like Quinny SHOULD shine with these sort of players around him, whether he does or whether he even stays is yet to be seen but Wilson apparently thinks very highly of him and he should fit the Wilson mould so if anyone is to stay then it should be Quinn.

I don't want to blow Quinn's trumpet because overall I really don't think we have seen the best of him and he lacks consistency over a season but with a few goals under his belt and ejoying his football he could well come good this year.

I'll be happy once LJF comes back into the team, Quinn plays a lot better whilst LJF is at left back.

It was no great coincidence that when LJF was not in the team the assists dried up.

We miss his bombing runs up the left wing.

Heard this on the radio this morning, so I could be wrong as I was driving in noisy traffic, but apparently Nicky Blackman from Blackburn Rovers was at Shirecliffe yesterday, and Danny Wilson is meeting two Donny Rovers players today, anyone else heard anything about that?

OK so the Blackman bit I heard a while ago was correct, anyone heard anything more about Wilson's visit to Doncaster and who he was looking at?

Jackett this morning told the press that the rumours surrounding Nick Montgomery joining Millwall are all rubbish. Apparently Monty was only brought in to cover injuries and the players are now fit so Midfield doesn't need strengthening, his focus is very much on other positions. :(

Rumours are however circulating that Monty will join Leeds and as part of the deal Danny Pugh will join The Blades.

Neil Warnock is understood to be in discussions with Sheffield United to take Montgomery to Leeds United. Having earlier played down rumours he's said to have now declared his interest publicly and is in negotiations to take him over to West Yorkshire hopefully before the start of the season.

3 Clubs are all said to have declared an interest in Quinn, negotiations are said to be ongoing with 2 potential suitors.