Blades rumours 2012 - summer

BURNLEY are set to re-ignite their interest in Sheffield United’s Lee Williamson after the midfielder’s contract at Bramall Lane expired.

BURNLEY are set to re-ignite their interest in Sheffield United’s Lee Williamson after the midfielder’s contract at Bramall Lane expired.

Nice,from what I saw of him in the Stevenage and Huddersfield series,he just doesn't do enough for me.I expected more involvement,more influence on the games,instead he was mainly a peripheral player.Let him go and get somebody who is going to get involved and put themselves about more.

Nice,from what I saw of him in the Stevenage and Huddersfield series,he just doesn't do enough for me.I expected more involvement,more influence on the games,instead he was mainly a peripheral player.Let him go and get somebody who is going to get involved and put themselves about more.

Seems a little lightweight aswell to me, gets pushed off ball way too easy.

Seems a little lightweight aswell to me, gets pushed off ball way too easy.

Both comments are way off the mark, especially the one about being pushed off the ball.

He's a proper battler.

Williamson is hit and miss, but in this league he is quality.

Hopefully he will sign for another year.

Both comments are way off the mark, especially the one about being pushed off the ball.

He's a proper battler.

Agreed in league one he is a different class when on his game as his goal tally this season shows and even when things aren't going his way in a game he still has the class to pull one out of the bag from nowhere. Worked very well with Evans before he left and I think that is when we got the best out of him, seems to have a good relationship with Lowton and the two of the combined well down the wing despite Williamson considering himself better in the middle of the park.

Like Robbie I would like another year from Williamson, if United are forced to show their cards and let him go then lets hope we bring the right sort of creative player into the squad.

Agree.

Personally I think we are getting a little too jumpy at the moment.

Heard we are close to signing Chesterfields goal keeper Tommy Lee, Would be a decent signing

Heard we are close to signing Chesterfields goal keeper Tommy Lee, Would be a decent signing

It's a rumour that has being doing it's rounds for the best part of 2-3 weeks 2tjohnston mate, since then we have been linked with Dundee United's Slovakian keeper Dusan Pernis strongly as well, either way it looks like we are keen on a Goalkeeper and a left back as string rumours seem to be coming out of approaches to clubs for left backs plus Ben Parker ex Leeds who is available on free.

Seems Lowton is attracting serious interest now, worried about our ability to replace him should he move on, he is a class act and would be hard to follow.

I want Lowton to stay, but should he leave, he goes with our best wishes.

He didn't have to stay last summer, but he did, and for that - he deserves respect.

I want Lowton to stay, but should he leave, he goes with our best wishes.

He didn't have to stay last summer, but he did, and for that - he deserves respect.

If he does go (whether through his desire to play at a higher level, or the board being unable to resist a good offer), i'd like to think he'd be going somewhere better than Derby - he could do a good job in a top end Championship club.

If he does go (whether through his desire to play at a higher level, or the board being unable to resist a good offer), i'd like to think he'd be going somewhere better than Derby - he could do a good job in a top end Championship club.

He should go wherever he mas more chance to play, he'd be better off staying at United for another year than being on the bench somewhere else

I can see Derby being a team to be reckoned with in that league next season, the manager has a nice transfer budget according to the press and some of the rumoured names are more than good enough to push for promotion, Lowton, Heskey and George Boyd amongst others.