Blades rumours 2012 - summer

phillips only just signed a 1 year contract so he must be in blackpools plans for the next season.

Well recently,I only saw him get on for the last few minutes of games,don't know if he is not fully fit,but presumably Blackpool will be wanting to kick on to automatic promotion next season.Maybe they will make some signings pre season that pushes him further out of the picture.I would be surprised if they let him go out,but you never know.

Well recently,I only saw him get on for the last few minutes of games,don't know if he is not fully fit,but presumably Blackpool will be wanting to kick on to automatic promotion next season.Maybe they will make some signings pre season that pushes him further out of the picture.I would be surprised if they let him go out,but you never know.

hes always been used as an impact player in recent years even when fully fit. hes a great player to bring on last 20-15 mins of a game with a knack of scoring the late goals.

And he can score a penalty.

And he can score a penalty.

Lets face it, Stevie Wonder would have had a better chance of scoring a penalty than Simmo....

Lets face it, Stevie Wonder would have had a better chance of scoring a penalty than Simmo....

Goalkeepers generally make the best penalty takers in my opinion, firstly they know what the opposition keeper is thinking and looking for and secondly they have the ability to do what Smithies did and what Simonsen tried to do in smashing the ball hard into the roof of the net, he simply hit it too full and sent it through the roof, it happens at the end of the day just a shame it happened to us on that particular day, cruel ending but have to move on from it.

United apparently interested in weaver and lowe. Can see the weaver one being possible,lowe well could still do a job in the championship[off the bench] but all depends who we get in.

United apparently interested in weaver and lowe. Can see the weaver one being possible,lowe well could still do a job in the championship[off the bench] but all depends who we get in.

I'd happily take a look at Lowe, I don't think he's had a proper look in at Wednesday this season I reckon the lad can score goals especially in league one, as for Weaver definately a no thanks as far as i'm concerned another example of a has been and no improvement on Simonsen, you don't ship out dead wood to bring it in if you have any sense!

I'd happily take a look at Lowe, I don't think he's had a proper look in at Wednesday this season I reckon the lad can score goals especially in league one, as for Weaver definately a no thanks as far as i'm concerned another example of a has been and no improvement on Simonsen, you don't ship out dead wood to bring it in if you have any sense!

lowe is a decent player in league one,and to be honest he never really had too much of a run with us,o,grady was megsons favourite and then we had ranger.I cant see the weaver thing myself but i still think hes got a lot to offer.

Weaver's a wednesdayite. And would Lowe really cut his wages and drop down divisions from a squad where he may get a chance this year to a financially worrying team that's losing it's best players. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Weaver's a wednesdayite. And would Lowe really cut his wages and drop down divisions from a squad where he may get a chance this year to a financially worrying team that's losing it's best players. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lowe's not getting any younger, and must be expecting to be fourth or fifth choice at S6 when the season starts - he may prefer dropping back into his comfort zone (L1)? Not necessarily at United though.

Wouldn't want Weaver, would rather have kept Simmo than that!

Lowe's not getting any younger, and must be expecting to be fourth or fifth choice at S6 when the season starts - he may prefer dropping back into his comfort zone (L1)? Not necessarily at United though.

Wouldn't want Weaver, would rather have kept Simmo than that!

Why not? Weaver can take penaltys ;)

yeah,i never thought about that,lowe to blaids,that could happen,they do need someone up front as they are struggling there