Warning over skip waste tax hike

our skip hire as just gone up from £180.00 too £240.00

an increase of £60.00 which the goverment has just increased from £2.40

as a builder we are finding it hard anyway without the goverment increasing the tax

our skip hire as just gone up from £180.00 too £240.00

an increase of £60.00 which the goverment has just increased from £2.40

as a builder we are finding it hard anyway without the goverment increasing the tax

Yes and the prices have gone up at the sites we use for tipping. We suffer both ways.

I guess we can expect a huge surge in fly-tipping, then (not that I am suggesting for a moment that the previous posters would even consider such a thing).

Well done again, the government- yet another half-a***ed scheme you couldn't be bothered to think through.

Just been reading that skip companies are planning a chaos in london over the Jubilee weekend by leaving hundreds of skips as blockades around major arterial routes. Can't say I blame them and think they have a right to be annoyed, typical Tory taxation crippling small businesses as per usual.

Worry slightly about the effect this would have on emergency services in congested areas however so I hope genuine planning comes into effect that will allow emergency services to go about their business as usual without risking lives.

We could see another goverment spectacular U turn on this one like the recent 'pasty tax'!

When I saw this in last nights Star I knew the fly tipping would become a problem. Customers just arn't going to pay this so we'll be leaving rubbish on the job (at the customers request) and then god knows how it will be disposed of.