Small cheap old car:advice needed, dealers, etc..

I'm think of getting an oldish cheap car, about year 2000-202, reliable, with low insurance, thing is i am very tall, so the one i was about to get, peugeot 206 doesn't have enough leg room, etc, I need one about 1.4 l.

any ideas?

and could SF'ers recommend decent dealers in the Sheffield area?

I would highly recommend John Fleming on Penistone Road (next to Wednesday ground) - we bought ours from there and it was cheap with very low mileage and not had a dot of bother with it. He had a few cars in at great prices a few weeks ago :-)

I'm think of getting an oldish cheap car, about year 2000-202, reliable, with low insurance, thing is i am very tall, so the one i was about to get, peugeot 206 doesn't have enough leg room, etc, I need one about 1.4 l.

any ideas?

and could SF'ers recommend decent dealers in the Sheffield area?

There's no such thing as a cheap car.

You either buy brand new and have no repairs, but pay upfront because its new or buy an old banger cheap, then pay as you go for the repairs. Cars are an expensive resource draining item.

I wouldn't bother buying from a dealer on the age of car you're going to be looking at. Go private and get a mate/garage who knows cars to check it out.

Or if you are set on buying from a dealer i would try Noylands Rhodes on Broadfield Rd. I have bought from them and they are straight forward and rely on their reputation so have alot to lose if they upset any customers.

I wouldn't bother buying from a dealer on the age of car you're going to be looking at. Go private and get a mate/garage who knows cars to check it out.

Or if you are set on buying from a dealer i would try Noylands Rhodes on Broadfield Rd. I have bought from them and they are straight forward and rely on their reputation so have alot to lose if they upset any customers.

another vote for noyland and rhodes :)

and avoid anything french!

Sorry, don't agree with the french remark, I always found them good cars,and there are a lot of them about so speaks for itself :love:

cant agree with you there. The french have a horrible habit of making the most ugliest of cars bar none.

Picasso; Ugly

Megane; Ugly with a protruding bottom.

Citroen (all) Ugly and smelly.

Clio; Ugly and breaks down a lot.

Peugeot 206/207/307 Exceedingly Ugly and look like they were made wrong.

Berlingo; Ugly and normally associated with gimpy M+S shoppers.

Scenic; Ugly and french for "Trump Looking" and also has a bum.

The French really do have a notorious habit of making cars that are really horrible to drive, to look at, and if you want to get laughed at, dip your bread and get yourself a C1.:gag::gag::gag:

Edited by SUPERDREAM
s