Using other peoples bins..

I just wondered what other people thought of this..

Just heard 2 of my neighbours having a row. Its black bin day in the morning so we've all got them out ready at the side of the road (as you do) but one neighbour has just clocked another one putting a bin bag in her bin.

Shes gone nuts & said hes got no right to do that, hes argued that his bin is full & she had room in hers so he filled it for her :hihi:

I find it quite comical, I see his reasoning as, I have to admit ive put a last minute bin bag in her bin as well. She lives alone & has a family sized bin, my recycling bins are full to capacity every fortnight so I am doing my bit but you know when you have that one extra that you know your bin wont take without the lid being up?!

I thought it wouldn't matter as at least its going in the truck rather than being left at the side of the road attracting god knows what. common sense or as the neighbour said to the other "bare faced bloody cheek" :o

I dont care who puts what in my bin as long as its not a dead dog or concrete.

Who cares? :hihi: It all ends up in the same place!

Defiantly common sense, we all pay for the service. Some overuse it, some under use it. Swings and roundabouts? Filling an underused bin is better than fly tipping!

I have put rubbish in my next door neighbours' bins in the past, but I have knocked on their doors and said "Do you have room for this bag in your bin? Would it be alright if I put it in your bin?"

Defiantly common sense, we all pay for the service. Some overuse it, some under use it. Swings and roundabouts? Filling an underused bin is better than fly tipping!

Spot on (space filling thingy).

Guest sibon

On our road, it is accepted that if your bin has room in it when it is put on the street, anybody can fill it.

Hygenically, of course.

On our road, it is accepted that if your bin has room in it when it is put on the street, anybody can fill it.

Hygenically, of course.

Yeah but you live in Hollywood or summat.

I have put rubbish in my next door neighbours' bins in the past, but I have knocked on their doors and said "Do you have room for this bag in your bin? Would it be alright if I put it in your bin?"

^^ this ^^

If you need to use someones bin, ASK.

Also, this could be an issue in the future if they ever decide to charge per bag as they do in places like Dublin.

I just wondered what other people thought of this..

Just heard 2 of my neighbours having a row. Its black bin day in the morning so we've all got them out ready at the side of the road (as you do) but one neighbour has just clocked another one putting a bin bag in her bin.

Shes gone nuts & said hes got no right to do that, hes argued that his bin is full & she had room in hers so he filled it for her :hihi:

I find it quite comical, I see his reasoning as, I have to admit ive put a last minute bin bag in her bin as well. She lives alone & has a family sized bin, my recycling bins are full to capacity every fortnight so I am doing my bit but you know when you have that one extra that you know your bin wont take without the lid being up?!

I thought it wouldn't matter as at least its going in the truck rather than being left at the side of the road attracting god knows what. common sense or as the neighbour said to the other "bare faced bloody cheek" :o

The people that argue over this are too thick to have common sense. As you said 'better than having it stay on the street and having god knows what pulling it apart'. We often do it, if a neighbours bin is empty, but we've learned to ask for permission from the owner of the bin. I don't understand why people kick off about this, please enlighten me! But there again the council ownthe bin, so, whats the problem here?

It does seem a rather over the top reaction but perhaps there may have been a different reaction if she had been asked 'do you mind if I put this in your bin as mine is full'.

Just think if we were actually being charged for the weight in a black bin, what would the reaction have been then :wow:

Round here we had the (famous) green bins for garden waste but after Veolia decided to charge for emptying there are extremely few now being used. I now spend hours the night before collection going round trying to find ones with room for me to dump my own garden rubbish into :thumbsup::bigsmile:

Guest sibon
Yeah but you live in Hollywood or summat.

No way. I live in a yoghurt knitting ghetto. The reason that we all get along so well is that nobody ever even half fills their bins.

Except for those gits at number 35. They need to move to a different postcode:)

Edited by sibon