Sorry for my attitude lately

Hello all

I have recieved a PM from another member and have looked through my posts and it has become apparent that I have been a complete and utter <REMOVED> towards the other members on here and on the Travel South Yorkshire Forum. I apologise for this, but please accept my apology. I have been going through a spot of trouble at home with my boyfriend after I got sacked from my last 3 jobs.

Yours

Mainline

Edited by esme
masked swearing

Well it's hardly difficult to get a bad attitude on these forums. I often come on here with a genuine desire to help people, but just get sucked into the nastiness that evolves in every topic. It's impossible to be nice when there is so much negative attitude. When you are depressed the last place to go is online ! Hope things improve for you.

Hi Mainline, I can't say I have noticed any of your posts, or your attitude but I just want to say that it takes a special kind of person to stand up and admit they were wrong and apologise. Now you are in that group of people.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Best Wishes

CC

xx

This is the internet, if people can't accept a bit of banter they need to grow a thicker skin or go and sing with the hippies.

It's much safer for people to vent their frustrations online rather than in real life.

The main thing you need to remember is this is the internet, here be nasty, real life be kind.

This is the internet, if people can't accept a bit of banter they need to grow a thicker skin or go and sing with the hippies.

It's much safer for people to vent their frustrations online rather than in real life.

The main thing you need to remember is this is the internet, here be nasty, real life be kind.

Haha disagree with the last sentence, although I'm not completely convinced it was meant in all seriousness ;)

Interesting, related blog post I stumbled across recently: http://bangsandabun.com/2012/05/are-you-entitled-to-your-opinion/#more-4291

Haha disagree with the last sentence, although I'm not completely convinced it was meant in all seriousness ;)

Interesting, related blog post I stumbled across recently: http://bangsandabun.com/2012/05/are-you-entitled-to-your-opinion/#more-4291

Blog tl;dr.

No, I mean, when people are nice on the internets it's more pleasant I guess but...the only reason we don't tell people what we really think of them in real life is etiquette, politeness.

The internets is somewhere we don't have to be kind and polite, and nice just for the sake of not offending somebody.

There are certain times I wish the Forum would allow more colourful language to be used with half the crap people come up with on here, which is why I'm very glad places like Youtube are so liberal with their policies regarding that.

Hello all

I have recieved a PM from another member and have looked through my posts and it has become apparent that I have been a complete and utter <REMOVED> towards the other members on here and on the Travel South Yorkshire Forum. I apologise for this, but please accept my apology. I have been going through a spot of trouble at home with my boyfriend after I got sacked from my last 3 jobs.

Yours

Mainline

I hope everything works out for you

Take care

Edited by esme
masked swearing

Blog tl;dr.

No, I mean, when people are nice on the internets it's more pleasant I guess but...the only reason we don't tell people what we really think of them in real life is etiquette, politeness.

The internets is somewhere we don't have to be kind and polite, and nice just for the sake of not offending somebody.

There are certain times I wish the Forum would allow more colourful language to be used with half the crap people come up with on here, which is why I'm very glad places like Youtube are so liberal with their policies regarding that.

you need to see a therapist. :loopy:

Well it's hardly difficult to get a bad attitude on these forums. I often come on here with a genuine desire to help people, but just get sucked into the nastiness that evolves in every topic. It's impossible to be nice when there is so much negative attitude. When you are depressed the last place to go is online ! Hope things improve for you.

yup, when ever you ask something, someone always end up taking the mick.

you get the same sarcasm when selling in the classifieds too. which is why i sell things on gumtree now as you get good honest replies in a matter of minutes.

the ammount of replies you get to an item for sale on gumtree is amazing compared to the 1 or 2 replies u get on here.

people on this forum are just too rude.