What age is acceptable?

I want to start earning some money, but I'm only fourteen years old and there aren't any paper rounds up for grabs at the moment. I was wondering if you'd let a fourteen year old girl babysit your children- or should I wait until I'm fifteen (December 3rd)?

I want to start earning some money, but I'm only fourteen years old and there aren't any paper rounds up for grabs at the moment. I was wondering if you'd let a fourteen year old girl babysit your children- or should I wait until I'm fifteen (December 3rd)?

If the girl was a relative or friend of the family then yes, but I wouldn't recommend you take up an offer to baby sit for someone you don't know.

Don't you have to have full enhanced CRB clearance to babysit young children? I somehow doubt they'd let a 14 year old even submit a CRB disclosure, I could be wrong though as I sometimes am, look it up on Google.

Don't you have to have full enhanced CRB clearance to babysit young children? I somehow doubt they'd let a 14 year old even submit a CRB disclosure, I could be wrong though as I sometimes am, look it up on Google.

Apparently you can have a crb check if your under 16

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6803239/CRB-checks-routinely-carried-out-on-13-and-14-year-olds.html

Its a few years old that link.

I doubt the op would need one for a spot of babysitting though.

OP, how are you with dogs?

Or what about washing cars?

Id pay you to wash my car, maybe walk the dog if your up for that type of thing?

Id let you sit the kids but im not sure id want to do that to someone of your tender years.

Not sure youd ever recover from the experience lol.

Yeah you can CRB a person of that age hun :)

Making sure that children aren't themselves child abusers now (or rather making sure that they haven't been caught). Ridiculous.

The children of childminders don't need a CRB until they are over 16 and baby sitters don't require a CRB at any age.

What about asking your parents, if any of their mates want a sitter, odds are they'll know you, that's how it was done years ago. I know now that society is now a cesspit I feel sorry for you, showing enterprise to earn your own money, good luck lass :)